Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me I'm arguing with a mate over this, how many ml are in a standard shot of a short i.e vodka, malibu....thanx

ReputationRep:
    35 iirc

ReputationRep:
    25ml

some pubs serve 35ml, but the standard single shot is 25ml

ReputationRep:
    briliant cheers!!!

ReputationRep:
    25 yep lol larger ones do 35 but normal ones r 25 :P oh dear i know too much....

ReputationRep:
    25ml

ReputationRep:
    It's 25ml.

Some places you go in do a larger 35ml or even 50ml shot, but generally it's 25ml. I think there's some law or something about it isn't there? I'll read it next time I'm in the pub, they've got a little A5 sized poster saying something about some act that says you have to give 25ml shots.

ReputationRep:
    So long as you display your measure size clearly, you can serve whatever you want as a shot. 25 ml seems to be what you get in city bars and clubs, but many proper pubs will do 35 ml. At the bar in my room, you are likely to get something closer to 70 ml

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertineNorth)
    So long as you display your measure size clearly, you can serve whatever you want as a shot. 25 ml seems to be what you get in city bars and clubs, but many proper pubs will do 35 ml. At the bar in my room, you are likely to get something closer to 70 ml
    The LEGAL measure is 25mL.

You can serve more, but not less.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.