Turn on thread page Beta

Saddam Captured!? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    yes but 'saddam' is a latinised name, from the arabic. (it's not like it originates in the roman alphabet, but it was adopted from the arabic, by what sound it makes). the sound it makes is just "sadam", so whoever decided to first latinise the name decided to add the extra d in for no reason.
    Spelling it "sahdum" would make more sense.. lol- or is that just me!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Spelling it "sahdum" would make more sense.. lol- or is that just me!?
    maybe, but that is the point i am trying to make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haakon)
    Saddam should be put to trial on ICC
    Problem nr1: No death penalty.

Problem nr2: The iraqis dont get to deal with him

Problem nr3: The UN failed to take propper action towards Saddams regime, and therefore it would send a really weird message to the people of Iraq to hand saddamm over to the organisation which failed to help them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    Problem nr1: No death penalty.

Problem nr2: The iraqis dont get to deal with him

Problem nr3: The UN failed to take propper action towards Saddams regime, and therefore it would send a really weird message to the people of Iraq to hand saddamm over to the organisation which failed to help them.

If saddam goes under trial with the americans, i hope its death penalty straight away cos the americans will make him suffer like hell,

I think it should be trial under the iraqi gov cos saddam is muslim therefore he should have the trial under islamic law

Lets hope britain and the un keep the noses out of it for once let alone america

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Well, what a load of complete ********. Let me guess, you are probably one of those people who sit in front of BBC News 24 and believe every single word that is spoken from the mouths of that propagandacised corporation, right???

I never said that America should stop trading with Israel. If you read my "dumb logic" properly, then you would have realised that i was actually commenting on the fact that America uses a double standard. The reason i did not include other countries was, (a) because the US is the sole leader of the war and will remain so. (b) It is the US who leads other countries into war by intimidation, threats, and deceit. and (c) the fact that it is only the US who have used such blatant and catastrophic double standards, led me only to write about them.

Heres a word of advice, get off your silly right-winged ass and look at the real picture. The world is not as clear cut as you may think it is!
    B is conspiracy, C and B are leftwing crap. Every super power is going to be thought of as intimadation and threatening just like the police are often thought of in those terms. Though you would have a point if you said why don't we take out other problems like Mugabe, I think letting one guy off while getting the others could be wrong. But how you can compare Israel and Iraq astounds me. Israel/Palestine problem cannot be compared to Iraq.

I'm suprised you think Saddam "may" have been a problem.

The thing is my rightwinged ass doesn't see conspiracies, so my world is pretty clear cut.

ReputationRep:
    woooooo they did it eventually
    what will happen to the iraqi people now!
    hmm they still haven't found obl yet.. hard to find him.. mayb saddam has the answer!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    yes but 'saddam' is a latinised name, from the arabic. (it's not like it originates in the roman alphabet, but it was adopted from the arabic, by what sound it makes). the sound it makes is just "sadam", so whoever decided to first latinise the name decided to add the extra d in for no reason.
    is you pronounce it properly it is pronounced

sad-dam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    is you pronounce it properly it is pronounced

sad-dam
    i have a really bad pun for you *courtesy of Juwely*

'Hussein has been caught.... but who gives Saddam (bu-boom crash)'

i'm sorry for inflicting that one on you....

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babygal)
    If saddam goes under trial with the americans, i hope its death penalty straight away cos the americans will make him suffer like hell,

I think it should be trial under the iraqi gov cos saddam is muslim therefore he should have the trial under islamic law

Lets hope britain and the un keep the noses out of it for once let alone america
    i'm pretty sur ei heard on the news earlier that they've listened to me *they said that* and he will be tried by his own country.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    i have a really bad pun for you *courtesy of Juwely*

'Hussein has been caught.... but who gives Saddam (bu-boom crash)'

i'm sorry for inflicting that one on you....

lou xxx
    Why was that directed at me?

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.