Turn on thread page Beta

Saddam Captured!? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    he gave up easily because he had no army he is out of power he was in a hole were could he go and how could he fight?
    Saddam still has people that are loyal to him.

If you want to believe the media then fine - i'm just saying it's all so convenient and i don't see how DNA testing can help seeing as they didn't have his DNA to start with :P

I don't believe a word of it.

ReputationRep:
    I think its excellent they got him! The Iraqi people can finally get the justice that they deserve and they can now live safely in the knowledge that he will never return to power, its excellent.

Also I'm not pro-death penalty but if Saddam is executed I dont care, he deserves absolutely everything he gets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    The Americans should not have released those pictures - for one it is against the Geneva Convention to pararade a prisioner of war on TV....I thought the American's would be the first to abide by those rules.

Disgusting....
    Nah they are complete hypocrits with regards to the geneva convention. I've seen LOADS of pictures of captured iraqi soldiers and people in guantanamo(sp!) bay but as soon as they showed pictures of american pows they kicked up a massive fuss.

Didn't like to look at them inspecting his mouth and stuff.. I know he probably doesn't deserve to be treated with respect but if it's a general convention I think it should be abided by. Showing pics of him like that is taking the piss really as it would suggest that their war has been a success which isn't really the case. Just goes to show that they waged a war against saddam and didn't affect him until ages after it supposedly ended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albion)
    I think its excellent they got him! The Iraqi people can finally get the justice that they deserve and they can now live safely in the knowledge that he will never return to power, its excellent.

Also I'm not pro-death penalty but if Saddam is executed I dont care, he deserves absolutely everything he gets.
    I think the death penalty would be an easy escape for him..I think the prospect of rotting in some prison for the rest of your life is a lot more scary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    i don't see how DNA testing can help seeing as they didn't have his DNA to start with :P
    Could they not compare his DNA with that of his sons'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    They have - see my post of the last page....

ReputationRep:
    he gave up easily because he had no army he is out of power he was in a hole were could he go and how could he fight?
    The war against the Americans will go on. The people fight not for Saddam, but for other reasons:

Taliban: To kill as many American troops as possible.

Baathist: To gain power themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    I guess they could, but do they have access to his sons' DNA?

ReputationRep:
    I think the death penalty would be an easy escape for him..I think the prospect of rotting in some prison for the rest of your life is a lot more scary!
    i think they should take him to the uk and tie him to a lampost and let people line up and hit him.Lots of pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albion)

Yes, so lets now invade Zimbabwe, Congo, and North Korea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Well they have the bodies so I assume so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    they should have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    See my post on the last page.

ReputationRep:
    If it wasn't Saddam would they tell us? I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    they should have
    See my post on the last page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Well they have the bodies so I assume so.
    See my post on the last page....I am getting pissed off with this...do you guys not read properly or something?

ReputationRep:
    i think they should take him to the uk and tie him to a lampost and let people line up and hit him.Lots of pain
    I think the Iraqi people have more of a claim to his punishment then we have!

ReputationRep:
    See my post on the last page....I am getting pissed off with this...do you guys not read properly or something?
    Calm down, I was only reiterating your point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    Soz...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tek)
    quick thinking there

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.