Turn on thread page Beta

Saddam Captured!? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'd like to know what they're going to do with him. Can we expect another dose of Neurnberg Trials??? (sp)

They're going to try him in Iraq I think. He could get the death penalty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I agree that America provided Saddam with all the means to make weapons of mass destruction, and then what do they use as their excuse for war? The weapons, and they kept saying that they were sure that there were weapons hidden, though eventually their reason for war was unjustified. So many innocent people were killed! As I said the one good thing about this whole war is that Saddam is captured.
    agreed, but there was no need to invade the country for that. It cost too much, both in terms of materiel` and lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'd like to know what they're going to do with him. Can we expect another dose of Neurnberg Trials??? (sp)
    He might be tried in Geneva in a war crimes tribunal, i'm not sure.

Maybe the Americans will lock him up in camp x-ray?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    They're going to try him in Iraq I think. He could get the death penalty!
    the trial will be rigged and he will get the death penalty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    rigged in what way? it's not like they're going to make up evidence: it's all plain to see, the suffering he has caused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)

Ah well, getting his just desserts! Better than wasting yet more money in keeping him in prison for the rest of his life like Rudolph Hess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    rigged in what way? it's not like they're going to make up evidence: it's all plain to see, the suffering he has caused.
    rigged i.e. no pro saddam judges, allanit saddam. LOOK, it would be impossible to aquit saddam, as the US spent soooo much time/material searching for him. And so obiviously cant let him go.

ReputationRep:
    Ah well, getting his just desserts! Better than wasting yet more money in keeping him in prison for the rest of his life like Rudolph Hess
    the voice of a lawyer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    the voice of a lawyer?

A lawyer for the prosecution!

ReputationRep:
    Sadly enough, that is what they'll do. There is a little known story of a ship in the early American Navy, that carried a set of orders in the Captain's cabin. It stated that a certain man on board, holding the rank of Lieutenant, was never to set foot on shore. He was a traitor during the war of independance, and this was his punishment. It was made out that he didn't exist, and only the Captain of the ship knew of the order. Same thing they're doing to those held in Cuba. They are just holding them, not allowing access to anything, family etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    rigged i.e. no pro saddam judges, allanit saddam. LOOK, it would be impossible to aquit saddam, as the US spent soooo much time/material searching for him. And so obiviously cant let him go.
    of course there aren't any pro Saddam judges, they don't exist. judges/law didn't exist in his reigime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    of course there aren't any pro Saddam judges, they don't exist. judges/law didn't exist in his reigime.
    they did before america invaded

ReputationRep:
    New sig just for the occassion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    Just what can the American's do with him? He is undoubtedly a mean *******. However, what laws did he break in his own country? He did dictate them remember... Also, he was invaded, he had every right to try and protect his land.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Just what can the American's do with him? He is undoubtedly a mean *******. However, what laws did he break in his own country? He did dictate them remember... Also, he was invaded, he had every right to try and protect his land.
    correct once again

ReputationRep:
    All this makes me sick...has anyone heard of the Geneva Convention???? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    New sig just for the occassion
    *chuckles* nice one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    All this makes me sick...has anyone heard of the Geneva Convention???? :mad:
    heard of it, but it is not practised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    heard of it, but it is not practised.

It exists when it's American POW's on TV, but strangely gets forgotten when any other POW's are in the limelight

ReputationRep:
    It exists when it's American POW's on TV, but strangely gets forgotten when any other POW's are in the limelight
    correct

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.