Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mittow)
    the americans were da ones who gave him da weapons in da 1st place and also the second pic of him without a beard was nt shown in as great detail as da 1st one also do u really think he would stay in iraq!?
    dat is soooooo true!

ReputationRep:
    how *** sadamm has followers. i dont agree wiv wot saddam has done but we are all only listening to 1 side of the story - the american side. half of us havent even been to iraq and maybe saddam has is reasons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    how *** sadamm has followers. i dont agree wiv wot saddam has done but we are all only listening to 1 side of the story - the american side. half of us havent even been to iraq and maybe saddam has is reasons
    but he didn't do much gud to his own ppl either

ReputationRep:
    I reckon it's definately him. If it ever came out that the Americans had been lying there'd be hell to pay, they wouldn't risk it. Plus the blood tests and DNA will be made public. I reckon it's him. On the other hand...

ReputationRep:
    how do they know his dna to compare wiv. the first lot cud of been a fake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    HOW MANY TIMES??????????????????????????? ???

D.N.A TESTING DOES NOT LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jesus, sometimes I think people like conspiracy theories....

It does depend on how many of the bases they compare though... People have been convicted of crimes because the DNA 'proved' they did it, but in fact they were a thousand miles away at the time - your whole DNA sequence is unique but the scientists tend only to look at a part of it, which could be the same as that of another person. The probabilities are usually down to 1 in a billion or thereabouts - but that still means 6 people would test the same...

(I do think it is him, though)

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't be arsed to read thru the whole thread, so sorry if this has already been said.
    i heard the americans want to try Saddam in the US. This is outrageous!!! surely it should be left up to Iraq??!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    It does depend on how many of the bases they compare though... People have been convicted of crimes because the DNA 'proved' they did it, but in fact they were a thousand miles away at the time - your whole DNA sequence is unique but the scientists tend only to look at a part of it, which could be the same as that of another person. The probabilities are usually down to 1 in a billion or thereabouts - but that still means 6 people would test the same...
    This is true. The way they test DNA is sadly not infallible. However it goes without saying that with Saddam they would have made utterly certain :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    Couldn't be arsed to read thru the whole thread, so sorry if this has already been said.
    i heard the americans want to try Saddam in the US. This is outrageous!!! surely it should be left up to Iraq??!!
    u mean...... let him live ther??!!??! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    u mean...... let him live ther??!!??! :confused:
    Er, no :rolleyes: but it has little to do with the Americans now. If i was an Iraqi id be furious if the Americans took it upon themselves to deal with him. I'd want to be responsible for him burning in hell myself.

ReputationRep:
    do u really thing that saddam would stay in iraq?! :rolleyes:
    y did they give him the weapons of mass destruction if they r capturing him now?! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's not like getting sadam is going to solve terrorism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    It's not like getting sadam is going to solve terrorism.
    No, but it might help Mr Bush satisfy his desire for weapons of mass destruction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    No, but it might help Mr Bush satisfy his desire for weapons of mass destruction.
    He might want to take a look at himself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Then again, he might not want to see all those worry lines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Anyway, capturing Saddam should be enough to prove to the world that the American military isn't completely retarded. He's as useful for propaganda as anything else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr White)
    Anyway, capturing Saddam should be enough to prove to the world that the American military isn't completely retarded. He's as useful for propaganda as anything else.
    That's what I'm worried about- America want to trick people into thinking that the war was a success.. I'm just hoping people won't buy it..

ReputationRep:
    why is saddam spelt/spelled (depending on how pedantic you are) with two ds?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    why is saddam spelt/spelled (depending on how pedantic you are) with two ds?
    same reason, that elle is spelt with 2 l's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    same reason, that elle is spelt with 2 l's
    yes but 'saddam' is a latinised name, from the arabic. (it's not like it originates in the roman alphabet, but it was adopted from the arabic, by what sound it makes). the sound it makes is just "sadam", so whoever decided to first latinise the name decided to add the extra d in for no reason.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.