Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone actually miss there school or teachers????
    at the moment our school is doing a production (of world war 2 (its like really cool!!) anyway!) with drama crossed with music so my music teachewr askerd if i would help by playing the flute!!

i was really worried about leaving school it seemed much too soon, but then when we did leave it was ok. but now im back for a couple of days im really dreading the stop of goingn there!!
    the teachers are really lovely!! (which doesnt help!)
    today my german teacher came to talk to me and she said about the prom and the aural and the band in th production and she was just too nice!!

sorry this is going on really long!
    does anyone else feel this or the opposite???
    what should i do???? am i loosing it???

ReputationRep:
    yeh i miss school and teahcers, but i'm going back for 6thform in sept so i'll be back lol

sorry that didnt really help did it lol

ReputationRep:
    You're not losing it at all! I feel exactly the same I'm going to miss my school so much! It's hard but we gotta try to get over it, everything has to change sometimes in life and even though you wont forget your school, and you'll take a piece of it with you forever (My God I cried when they said that in our leaving mass!) you'll be having lots of new experiences too! If you really like a few teachers why not ask for their email address? I still keep in touch with my old english teacher who left in year 7!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedwig)
    [COLOR=Magenta]does anyone actually miss there school or teachers????

Nope. Not in the slightest. Was glad to leave that sh*t hole.

sorry this is going on really long!
    what should i do???? am i loosing it???
    No, I don't think you're losing it at all; it's highly normal to feel sentimentally towards an object/person when you've been "living your life" there, so-to-speak for the past 5 years. If I were you I wouldn't think about it - you'll only fret and become adjitated. If I were you I'd concentrate on what's to come. Sherunsaway wrote a really well crafted and meaningful post on another thread which basically raised the point of everything being relative... It's life, you have to move on, it's obligatory (sorry to sound harsh).

ReputationRep:
    I missed high school too and a lot of my friends didn't go onto college. I wasn't in a sixth form either but my college is on the same field my high school is on so its not like a world away lol.. sorry that didn't help lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm still undecided whether to go to sixth form or college, however, on the whole, I wouldn't miss the school, there are a couple of teachers that I would miss though.

ReputationRep:
    I miss the ICT technician, always stopped for a good old chat, interesting guy.

But im going back in a while so we can have some more little chats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    I miss the ICT technician, always stopped for a good old chat, interesting guy.

But im going back in a while so we can have some more little chats.
    our ICT people were dead weird in fact all the department techs were weird except physics tech he was weird but cool, looked exactly like justin from darkness and did a flame throwing/eating act at the festival of cultures at school last yr that was good lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    our ICT people were dead weird in fact all the department techs were weird except physics tech he was weird but cool, looked exactly like justin from darkness and did a flame throwing/eating act at the festival of cultures at school last yr that was good lol
    Our old physics teacher did a beatbox thing on the stage at our school, he was kind of weird but kind of cool.

My ICT technician would tell us about how at the weekend he'd go on a boat with his mates and stop off at every pub they came across and get hammered and how he told his wife he was going on an ICT weekened :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    Our old physics teacher did a beatbox thing on the stage at our school, he was kind of weird but kind of cool.

My ICT technician would tell us about how at the weekend he'd go on a boat with his mates and stop off at every pub they came across and get hammered and how he told his wife he was going on an ICT weekened :rofl:
    lol now he sounds fun, the best thing our ict guy did was......hmmm o yeh send out a personal email to his wife, about how bored he is at work and somehow clicked 'all' and EVERYONE in the school got the email on their school email inbox lol it was hilarious he never did really live that down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    lol now he sounds fun, the best thing our ict guy did was......hmmm o yeh send out a personal email to his wife, about how bored he is at work and somehow clicked 'all' and EVERYONE in the school got the email on their school email inbox lol it was hilarious he never did really live that down
    Lol shouldnt have been sending inappropriate email during work hours, tut tut. I did something like that, well i was told to. A friend said if i did command prompt and put * after the message it would automatically send to the pc next to me. So i did, put quite a rude message and it turned out the message goes round the entire network at school.

ReputationRep:
    I will miss the subjects I will no longer take for A-Level.
    I will also miss the teachers who have taught me for those subjects which I have not chosen, as I won't have much chance of being in their lessons ever again.
    I will also miss elements of Year 11.
    I will miss my school, yes, and everything basically.
    So I feel exactly the same! :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Our IT teacher gets so much pleasure out of this program where he watches everybody's every single move on his monitor, as he has access to everyone's computer screens. Especially those who are meant to be doing work but aren't. It's quite hilarious actually. Grr...meant that I couldn't go on the Internet in IT lessons anymore when I got bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestone)
    Our IT teacher gets so much pleasure out of this program where he watches everybody's every single move on his monitor, as he has access to everyone's computer screens. Especially those who are meant to be doing work but aren't. It's quite hilarious actually. Grr...meant that I couldn't go on the Internet in IT lessons anymore when I got bored.
    lol oh yeh we have that too, but if you know the password (which my mate does, nosey b*stard,lol) then you can 'lock' a screen, so it seems as if your on excel all the time but your not lol

ReputationRep:
    Hah really? I wish I could do that! Before he introduced that annoying system I regarded IT lessons as a time where I could relax, do no work and surf the Internet.

But wouldn't it have got a bit...suspicious if the screen always remained the same and nothing ever changed?

ReputationRep:
    lol he was one of them people that werent that meticolous he wouldnt look at whos computer he would scan through so every 27comps hes see excel and not care lol

ReputationRep:
    lol lucky!

But our IT teacher didn't seem to care what we did as long as it wasn't mucking about on the Internet or something, so there was this lesson where we spent the whole time talking, and ended up only writing two sentences in a whole hour. I think he got a bit annoyed...I wonder why.

ReputationRep:
    lol our it teacher went off sick with pnuemonia (sp) for 8weeks in jan/feb/march after going to poland (i dont know why,lol) and those 8weeks we had soo much courswork to do, bbut didnt do aynwork at all lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    lol our it teacher went off sick with pnuemonia (sp) for 8weeks in jan/feb/march after going to poland (i dont know why,lol) and those 8weeks we had soo much courswork to do, bbut didnt do aynwork at all lol
    Taking advantage of your teachers illness lol, very nice.

ReputationRep:
    Heh I love IT lessons where you do no work! There was this piece of major coursework that I stupidly left till the last minute, so didn't get to complete it until just before I gave it in. Luckily, I had IT in the morning and so spent the whole lesson working on the piece of non-IT-related work, and hadn't even touched the computer except for logging on, and he didn't even care. This is what I like about IT!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.