Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we are allowed to open a student account? and which bank is the best to open one with??

ReputationRep:
    once you've received confirmation that you're going to uni (AS12 letter? been a couple of years since I opened my account...). So after results day usually.

Best bank depends on your needs really.

ReputationRep:
    Well I got a letter from UCAS this morning giving me some leaflets on opening a Natwest student account. I haven't look at it yet but I guess everyone will get it.

ReputationRep:
    I opt out off all promotional stuff so I didnt, but my friend got a letter from RBS as well. I'm with natwest at the moment 7/10 I would say. Pretty good normally, but soemtimes when you want stuff done its not always great. (BTW thats a normal a/c not a student one)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    Well I got a letter from UCAS this morning giving me some leaflets on opening a Natwest student account. I haven't look at it yet but I guess everyone will get it.
    Yeah natwest is good.

ReputationRep:
    i got sent a letter by my bank (HSBC) the other day saying that they will change mine up automaticly, once they receive my ucas letter

ReputationRep:
    lol is anyone with HSBC Right Track into Study account they are soo messed up they let me go overdrawn when i'm technically not allowed and still dont chrages me the £30 bank charges , i love it i've been overdrawn since March now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    lol is anyone with HSBC Right Track into Study account they are soo messed up they let me go overdrawn when i'm technically not allowed and still dont chrages me the £30 bank charges , i love it i've been overdrawn since March now
    Still charge you 18% interest per week though dont they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    Still charge you 18% interest per week though dont they?
    huh! 18% interest a week what are you on about they do no such thing, they get me intereset on the 15th of the month,but since i've been overdrawn theyve been taking money lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    I got that too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    :dito: great aint it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natmarjus)
    Does anyone know when we are allowed to open a student account? and which bank is the best to open one with??
    Well after hearing about call centres in india giving away bank details for money then i would say the best bank would be the one that doesn't have their call centre in india that would be natwest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sebby)
    I opt out off all promotional stuff so I didnt, but my friend got a letter from RBS as well. I'm with natwest at the moment 7/10 I would say. Pretty good normally, but soemtimes when you want stuff done its not always great. (BTW thats a normal a/c not a student one)
    That's good that your with natwest because rbs have joined with natwest.

ReputationRep:
    I got an e-mail about Student Accounts from UCAS. HSBC seems a good one and you can get 10 free cd's or an mp3 player!

ReputationRep:
    rail card from natwest

ReputationRep:
    the ten free cds are worth more than a railcard, which you might not use that much anyway - and if you are already with hsbc you're put into a draw for £1000 so... you have to decide how many train journeys you will do and see if its really worth it! oh. and hsbc people get the cds you cant get mp3 players of the same size for £36-00

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haz136)
    I got an e-mail about Student Accounts from UCAS. HSBC seems a good one and you can get 10 free cd's or an mp3 player!
    I know, They say if I upgrade my account to this student one I get a free MP3 player. Ive been on right track for a year, now onto student one. (There proberly the same apart from a £1000 overdraft limit.. Woo)

ReputationRep:
    sham ei own all d cds n have an i-pod looks like the mp3 player for me and ebay it

ReputationRep:
    nah the railcard is much more useful, considering i have a boyfriend who wont be with me it may save me considerable amounts! I also dont have a car so its definatly worth more than a few cds.

ReputationRep:
    I'm with HSBC, but I don't want the CDs or the mp3 player, so I'm getting £50 instead

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.