Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I dont mean to sound lazy or unmotivated but does anyone know of any jobs with very good pay but not so long hours. Im just curious because, having now finished gcse's i am starting to think about careers, and have taken an interest into careers in finance. Seeing how in some areas of finance people work very very long hours, with high rewards, i was just wondering if anyone can think of any exceptions to this apparent rule of 'proportionality' between salary and workload/hours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chazzinio)
    Hi. I dont mean to sound lazy or unmotivated but does anyone know of any jobs with very good pay but not so long hours. Im just curious because, having now finished gcse's i am starting to think about careers, and have taken an interest into careers in finance. Seeing how in some areas of finance people work very very long hours, with high rewards, i was just wondering if anyone can think of any exceptions to this apparent rule of 'proportionality' between salary and workload/hours?
    Depends on where you live. Night shift at tesco, very boring but great pay :five:

ReputationRep:
    Lol. ok, focusing more on careers than nightshifts at tescos though. Just out of interest how much do people get paid working the night shift at tescos?

ReputationRep:
    yeh night shifts at most palces are highly paid, ummm you could do like ten paper rounds in the mornin every day, ony take a couple of hours and you ge tlike £2 a round (well i got a £1, but i consider to be slave labour so guess everywhere else gets at least 2 lol) ummm busking....blagin money off people, lol...telesales on commision work as long or short as you want and get the moeney for it more you sell more you earn

ReputationRep:
    You could become a pilot, they work for about 40mins when they take off, 40 mins when landing, and let the auto pilot do the rest. Plus you get to travel the world and get paid for it!

ReputationRep:
    Lol. ok, focusing more on careers than nightshifts at tescos though. Just out of interest how much do people get paid working the night shift at tescos?
    About £10-12 an hour, ridiculous for just walking around listening to your favourite music, but hey, they need some people to do it.

And man dont think abotu career yet, too early in my opinion, get A levels or whatever you're doing out ze vay

ReputationRep:
    night shifts in shops tho are HARD work! lol so considering your asking for shory hours big pay, i guess you aint the type of guy to dig in and get dirty lol

ReputationRep:
    yeh, but to an extent your career is affected by what a-levels you take. Without certain a-levels you wont get on the right course at uni, which
    would hav given you the right degree to do what u wanted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    night shifts in shops tho are HARD work! lol so considering your asking for shory hours big pay, i guess you aint the type of guy to dig in and get dirty lol
    Quite. to be honest, there arent really careers out there where you work small hours with big pay, especially not at our age

Unless you want to go into prostitution. I mean, £30 for a 5 minute rumble in the hay isnt bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    Quite. to be honest, there arent really careers out there where you work small hours with big pay, especially not at our age

Unless you want to go into prostitution. I mean, £30 for a 5 minute rumble in the hay isnt bad
    £30 your cheap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    £30 your cheap!
    Well you see, martin, for my calibre, and the sheer quality of the service i provide, it seems a good finance strategy to lower the price for every 5 minutes. Hence when i get my ad up in the phone boxes i get more customers, meaning more capital.

You'll thank me one day when you get a question like that ^^ on an economics paper

ReputationRep:
    my price would increase for every 5 mins, as the way i see it i would be getting more experience each time and as a result the quality of the service would be increasing :cool:

ReputationRep:
    my price would increase for every 5 mins, as the way i see it i would be getting more experience each time and as a result the quality of the service would be increasing :cool:
    would you last more than 5mins lol?

ReputationRep:
    Uhuh, but, you see if i highlighted my quality at a discount price :cool: then id have the clients flooding in, whereas if i charged even slightly more they would go looking for other hookers wouldnt they. Penetration pricing always works for a good period of time before you go back to skimming

ReputationRep:
    Well you see, martin, for my calibre, and the sheer quality of the service i provide, it seems a good finance strategy to lower the price for every 5 minutes. Hence when i get my ad up in the phone boxes i get more customers, meaning more capital.

You'll thank me one day when you get a question like that ^^ on an economics paper
    fair point ooooh i'll remember that this time nex yr i;ll be thankin ya.

ReputationRep:
    Uhuh, but, you see if i highlighted my quality at a discount price :cool: then id have the clients flooding in, whereas if i charged even slightly more they would go looking for other hookers wouldnt they. Penetration pricing always works for a good period of time before you go back to skimming
    yeh but you also might not get anyone coz theyll think your really bad whihc is why your cheap, or youll get some pervs with no money

ReputationRep:
    no way. u hav got this whole prostitute thing worked out to a tee. U R A PROSTITUTE!!!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Learn an instrument and then teach. Get respected enough, and you can charge £10 for half an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherunsaway)
    Learn an instrument and then teach. Get respected enough, and you can charge £10 for half an hour.
    good to c tht not everyone resorts to prostitution.

ReputationRep:
    no way. u hav got this whole prostitute thing worked out to a tee. U R A PROSTITUTE!!!!! :eek:
    yeh mark! in fact lemme google ya

yep ..

Mark Sheldon No1 rentboy of Wokingham lol!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.