Scroll to see replies

Where is the poll.
A cleaner is someone who cleans?
Yes I would smile at someone who smiled at me
Reply 2
Errrrmm weird poll....?!
Yes i would smile at a cleaner
Dont know my future job ... im aiming towards Graphic Design
Why wouldn't you smile back? It would just be plain rude to look away or whatever...
Reply 4
I would smile back and I'd be thankful to them for doing the job.
And I'm from Hong Kong so I'm one of the 'people from other countries' if that makes any difference.
Reply 5
philip2004
So what do you classify a cleaner as and do you think people from other countries look at them differently? what i'm trying to get at is if they smile at you do you smile back. my poll is at the top Could you include your future job aswell so i can see if there's anything from it

Of course i'd smile back, its respectful after all.

My future job - Neuropsychologist, clinical psychologist, child psychologist, criminal psychologist.
Reply 6
You'd have to be really up yourself if you looked away. Dont think there are many, if not any people like that on here. Not as far as i know anyway. I expect to see 0% where it says 'look away'.
Reply 7
i would smile back if they smiled at me :smile:
Reply 8
Where I work we used to have a lovely cleaner. She was hearing impaired and a bit funny about things, but she was really kind and really nice. Like all these threads, some people are nice some people are nasty. Thats life.
Reply 9
My cleaner at uni never smiles at me even though I'm always nice to her :frown:
If they look at me, I'll look back.
If they smile at me, I'll do the same.
If they say hello, then so will I.

:smile: Common courtesy.

I want to be a barrister when I'm older

Michael
Reply 11
Admittedly, I judge them by their cover, which I'm not proud of, but it's sorta how I've grown up.

However, if a cleaner were to smile at me, I'd of course smile back, as it would be very cold-hearted not to.

I'm a bit wary on my future career, however I do have a genuine interest in a career in the computer games industry, but I'm keeping my options open.
Reply 12
normal I'd smile at cleaners etc, but the one at work is creepy and scares me so I avoid him as much as possible (I suddenly start working really hard when he comes into the office :redface:)
Reply 13
Why would you treat a cleaner differently? They're still human! A while ago at Uni there was a lady cleaning the floor but her little yellow 'cleaning in progress' had be kicked over so I picked it up for her cos everyone was trampling over it. She said I was the only one with manners BUT my point is, all these people were just walking all over her sign and her clean floor, I mean, why treat her as if she isn't there?!

Future job: Something in the Psychology field...undecided which field yet and depending on if I actually pass this year :smile:
Yes, I would smile back if they smiled at me. I even had a conversation with my hotel room cleaner when I was in Vegas. As Gem said, they're still human regardless of what they do for a living.

As for a future job, I'm aiming to become a midwife.
id probably smile at the cleaner first- but to answer your question id definetly smile bak. :biggrin:
and im hopin 2 do maths at uni? ( why is this relevant to the poll?? :confused: )
Reply 16
darth_vader05
id probably smile at the cleaner first- but to answer your question id definetly smile bak. :biggrin:
and im hopin 2 do maths at uni? ( why is this relevant to the poll?? :confused: )

Because if someone chose 'look away' on the poll and wanted to become a rocket scientist then it may show that they were up themselves? Dont think there would be a very strong correlation there but hey.
Markus
Because if someone chose 'look away' on the poll and wanted to become a rocket scientist then it may show that they were up themselves? Dont think there would be a very strong correlation there but hey.

regardless of what they wanted to be theyed be up themselves :biggrin:
Reply 18
darth_vader05
regardless of what they wanted to be theyed be up themselves :biggrin:

Very good point.
Reply 19
I have just come back from a few nights away staying in 4 star hotels, I always smiled at the cleaners when they went past, I also let on to them if they said hello, I would be a rude sod if I didn't.

However if a street worker was swearing or being rude (seen this many times) I would show my look of disaproval. They are working so they should not be effing and blinding.

I am also very polite to bus drivers, but if they do anything to annoy me I just ignore them. Most bus drivers I will always thank there are just a few misseries which I don't.

Latest

Trending

Trending