Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the cleaners when we used to live in the pub were great.
    after the really big disco nights in the pub i would go down and help them if they needed it.
    after all if they didn't do it we would of had to do it our selves. they done a most splendid job. they were computer designers but done the cleaning about about 6am/5am. Husband and wife.

if any one on the street smiles at me i return the smile its nice to have a smile insted of an insult. its like some people don't understand when i say thankyou both when i get on and of the bus...

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody please explain to me what the hell has CLEANER got to do with the POINT of this thread? Do I detect a little class overtone here? And nowhere have I read the comment "I would smile FIRST!". Strange, that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    Very good point.
    thats the for the day then!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodhisattva)
    Do I detect a little class overtone here? And nowhere have I read the comment "I would smile FIRST!". Strange, that.[/font]
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darth_vader05
    id probably smile at the cleaner first- but to answer your question id definetly smile bak.
    and im hopin 2 do maths at uni? ( why is this relevant to the poll?? )

you're not reading properly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    However if a street worker was swearing or being rude (seen this many times) I would show my look of disaproval. They are working so they should not be effing and blinding.
    So if you heard your bank manager swearing and cursing................?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodhisattva)
    So if you heard your bank manager swearing and cursing................?????
    I would complain about it, but they are usualy professional and don't ever swear in public, I don't see what makes people think they have the right to swear in public while working while their digging the streets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theisticandy)
    Why wouldn't you smile back? It would just be plain rude to look away or whatever...
    I know its rude i thought i'd do this poll because when i was in a shop peole used to smile all the time and now i am pushing a water bottle trolley people don't smile well when i went into the toronto flight some people did'nt smile when i did which i thought was so rude or like some of the florida flights so thats what it was. funnily enough when i was working in the shop in the british airways bit 99% of people were great business travellers and cabin crew all great now the other terminal feels weird.

ReputationRep:
    i'd smile. apart from the one at uni, because she was such a cow.

i don't know what i want to be, something with lots of money and to do with physics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I would complain about it, but they are usualy professional and don't ever swear in public, I don't see what makes people think they have the right to swear in public while working while their digging the streets.
    I do agree with you - I'm not overkeen on swearing at all - whether a prime minister or a sewer worker. But to some people - swearing is part of their culture - horses for courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billistic)
    What a stupid fukkin thread...
    Excuse me but no its not a stupid thread because when you finally get into the working world you might find people being rude to cleaners just because of their job and i think all people should be respected regardless and this thread was put here to see if everyone agrees with me as i needed to know how many good people there were compared to others.

ReputationRep:
    I would smile :eek: What rude a*seh*le would look away??

ReputationRep:
    Looking again at the pole is the option 'You smile' in italics to promote some sort of subliminal message so people choose that one?!

Or is that coincidence?!

ReputationRep:
    I smile. I try to respect the world equally.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'd smile. It's called being polite. I'd smile even if they didn't.

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would anyone not smile back?

I want to be an Advocate in Scotland or Barrister in England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Looking again at the pole is the option 'You smile' in italics to promote some sort of subliminal message so people choose that one?!

Or is that coincidence?!
    No that means that's the one you voted for :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Who voted they would look away?? Snivelling ******* :eek:

Or is that coincidence?!
    :rofl: :rofl: paranoid newbies!

ReputationRep:
    I would smaile but then again my part time job is cleaning so they are probably my friends! Loads of sixth formers clean out school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    I would smaile but then again my part time job is cleaning so they are probably my friends! Loads of sixth formers clean out school
    what do you clean? do you have a do a training course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    what do you clean? do you have a do a training course?
    No training course - I followed someone about for a day, I hoover four rooms, wipe tables and put up chairs in three empty four bins, cloase windows in the rooms, switch out lights, mop a small area and clean walls and chairs.

£6.01 an hour which is cool

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.