Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To try and not get the rash in the first place, shave with the grain and then very gently against it if you feel you have to. If you're smooth enough without going against the grain then you're much less likely to get a rash. Use some kind of moisturiser on it aftwerwards and try not to wear anything too tight that will rub and irritate. I know this is obvious but use plently of shaving foam, for sensitive skin is best.

In answer to the question i shave (am too chicken to wax) and i leave a little trimmed traingle at the top. I'm not too clean on the landing strip, i can never seem to get it in the middle

EDIT: lol i meant keen on the landing strip, not clean.

ReputationRep:
    Make an arrow pointing down.

class.

ReputationRep:
    on me all off.

on my man trimmed. it makes my work a lot easier.

on girls, at least trim it.. its not nice getting a mouthful of hair.

**this will sound crazy but it helps**

to avoid the rash, after shaving put clear roll on deodorant over said area. I got this tip of strippers and it does work, how often do you get raor rash on your underarm??

also hair minimising lostions may help. makes the hair thinnenr when it grows back.

ReputationRep:
    apparantly lol i know this sounds silly but using deodrant after you've shaved helps the rash go down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalibantre)
    on me all off.

on my man trimmed. it makes my work a lot easier.

**this will sound crazy but it helps**

to avoid the rash, after shaving put clear roll on deodorant over said area. I got this tip of strippers and it does work, how often do you get raor rash on your underarm??

also hair minimising lostions may help. makes the hair thinnenr when it grows back.
    Sounds crazy, but like most crazy things it just might work. Will give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't that sting like crazy? xx

ReputationRep:
    sorry i didn't see your post saying the same thing kalibantre

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalibantre)
    i couldn't agree more!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    Doesn't that sting like crazy? xx
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Putting deodorant on or near your genitals can cause infections.

ReputationRep:
    would smell better tho

ReputationRep:
    If it's all healthy down there then it'll smell fine anyway. Deodorants can cause infections that'll make it smell icky. >.<

ReputationRep:
    So.. any more tips about the rash? Coz its just not nice, specially in the summer... I'm too chicken to wax as well, does it really hurt as much as they say?

ReputationRep:
    waxing does hurt, yeah but its for the win! Try rubbing an icecube on the area afterwards and exfoliating

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to epilate down there? I'm not too sure whether I would dare to risk it. But I'm thinking that, unlike with razors, an epilator is less likely to create a rash.. I'm just too chicken to try it!

ReputationRep:
    This thread scares me

ReputationRep:
    not sure but epilators kill! have tried it on my legs and it hurt.loads!

ReputationRep:
    landing strip/shaven haven

ReputationRep:
    apparently there is a new style called the 'playboy' where u hav it shaved to form a little chevron, like this sign ' ^ ' only upside down....

ReputationRep:
    Me? Neat an tidy.
    Boyfriend? Au naturel

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.