The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well I visited Harvard, Yale and MIT last summer.
At Harvard it seems they play a big role and you will be taught by a TA a lot of the time. The students I talked to said the TA's were great and extremely clever and able teachers.
At Yale and MIT they pride themselves on the contact time undergraduates get with professors, but it obviously wont be all the time. Probably still better than Harvard.
Afraid I don't know about Dartmouth.
Reply 2
The use of TAs (or TFs, as they call them there) is no higher at Harvard than at any other top university except a couple notable exceptions.

TAs are entitled teaching assistants for a reason. TAs typically grade papers and hold discussion sections and office hours.

Graduate instructors are something else entirely and are almost always used only for introductory math and language courses.

Dartmouth would probably have a slightly lower use of TAs than the other Ivies simply because it only has graduate programs in the sciences.
sufcmax
Well I visited Harvard, Yale and MIT last summer.
At Harvard it seems they play a big role and you will be taught by a TA a lot of the time. The students I talked to said the TA's were great and extremely clever and able teachers.
At Yale and MIT they pride themselves on the contact time undergraduates get with professors, but it obviously wont be all the time. Probably still better than Harvard.
Afraid I don't know about Dartmouth.

You a Sawx fan?
Reply 4
Yeah I like the BoSox but Sheffield United (soccer) is my main team. I just love sport really.

Latest

Trending

Trending