Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that nottingham doesn't make offers to people applying for deffered entry? (my subject's english, and i've been REJECTED!!!! But i got told that they don't make offers to people wanting to take gap years etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    Is it true that nottingham doesn't make offers to people applying for deffered entry? (my subject's english, and i've been REJECTED!!!! But i got told that they don't make offers to people wanting to take gap years etc etc)
    Really?! What was your predicted IB score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    Not true. Sorry.

Three of my friends deferred their entries to Nottingham and they all got offers, including two for English literature.

ReputationRep:
    my friend has had an offer for deffered entry for History ABB

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had an offer from them yet, and mine isn't even deferred

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    I haven't had an offer from them yet, and mine isn't even deferred
    Don't worry, I have an offer for geogo AAB exc gen studs A geo, from there but out of everyone i've spoken to at open days n stuff no-one else has heard yet. No history or english people from my school have heard yet either.

ReputationRep:
    I applied roughly a month ago.. so hopefully then will get back to me by the end of the year though. No biggy though, they'll take as long as they take.

ReputationRep:
    no, not true

I know loads of deferred entry students here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Really?! What was your predicted IB score?
    predicted 41 IB points with a 7 in English...so i'm not exactly sure why i was rejected if they do accept people with deffered entry?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    predicted 41 IB points with a 7 in English...so i'm not exactly sure why i was rejected if they do accept people with deffered entry?!
    Once again...university admissions is dirty, mysterious business.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    I applied roughly a month ago.. so hopefully then will get back to me by the end of the year though. No biggy though, they'll take as long as they take.
    I applied to Notts in the middle of last October and didn't hear from them until the very end of December. A lot of my friends who applied later heard first, but they weren't applying for courses as popular as psychology.

Generally the people who heard earliest were those that were rejected, so take it as a good thing you haven't heard from them yet

ReputationRep:
    ^ Peeps that I've spoken to at Open Days have already for been accepted for the course I applied to.. thanks for the optimism though, lol.

ReputationRep:
    James don't worry I've applied for Psychology at Nottingham and I still haven't heard for them - however at the Birmingham visit day other people who had applied at the same time as me also had offered. I figured if they had seen my appliation and rejected me I would have heard by now so they obviously havent go round it to now.

To the person who got an offer for psycho at nottingham (sorry i cant remember your name for the life of me), what predicted grades did u have- mine are ABB and most people applying to notts seem to have higher?? ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    Not true, sorry My friend has an offer for English Lit for a deferred place at Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    With regard to opening statement.

NOT TRUE.

I applied to nottingham last year, they new I was deffering and I still got an offer.
    I was applying for chemistry.

Free Spirit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    Not true, sorry My friend has an offer for English Lit for a deferred place at Nottingham.
    omigod omigod omigod *starts to hyperventilate* if i don't get into Nottingham for English i'll cry

ReputationRep:
    omigod omigod omigod *starts to hyperventilate* if i don't get into Nottingham for English i'll cry
    Its not the end of the world if you dont.
    There are so many opotunities out there.

Keep it real, enjoy life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemBOOM)
    Its not the end of the world if you dont.
    Yes it is.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is.
    Im sure it will al turn out top stuff. Where else are you applying for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemBOOM)
    Im sure it will al turn out top stuff. Where else are you applying for.
    Cheers. I've also applied to Southampton, Warwick, Birmingham, Durham and York. Got a rejection from Warwick and an offer from Southampton, with predicted grades AAAA. U?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.