The Student Room Group

Reasonable-priced certified copies of degree certificate?

Hi,

Most US & Canadian unis ask for a certain amount of certified copies of transcript & degree certificate - I need 10 or so in total. Nottingham university (most probably bracing themselves for the forthcoming funding crisis) charge a ridiculous amount of £20 for a copy of a degree certificate and another £20 for a transcript. (wtf! It costs like 5p to print it out and takes 20sec to sign it. how can they possibly call this an "administration fee").

Does anyone know where I can get it certified for a reasonable amount of my hard-earned cash? How much does a solicitor charge for this? Council?

thanks!
Couldn't you just buy one certified copy of your degree certificate and transcript and photocopy them? Or do the universities you're applying to need to have 10 original certified copies?
Reply 2
^^ Yeah, when I was applying to an American college for an exchange year (albeit under-grad) I was allowed to photocopy my transcript, Get someone in the department to stamp and sign it.
Ditto. The original needs to come from the uni - solicitor or whatnot won't do - but your department will probably certificate photocopies for you by stamping, signing and dating.

Latest

Trending

Trending