ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    were you successful?
    thats what im thinking....lol i could never do that,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    Anyone done it before?

I did it for the first time today
    Hey - good for you. Make sure you don't need a licence for the area you're doing it in though. Keep it up and promote live music.

ReputationRep:
    what is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LPK)
    what is it?
    playing an instrument/singing/performing/ etc in a public place (usually outdoors) for money given by the public voluntarily.

ReputationRep:
    Oooh good for you! Hope you made some money and had some fun! Just make sure you don't need a license for where you busk, I know some places in London do.

I gotta say tho, you are really brave hun, I don't think I could do it without a few drinks!

ReputationRep:
    hey if you do busking come down Tottenham court road station! i always go past there and ive already got my fav busker! maybe you could do something like that and i just mite throw in more than a penny!!

ReputationRep:
    busking adds so much flavour to it all

ReputationRep:
    how much did you make?

ReputationRep:
    Did some in school after the Tsunami disaster and made £41.39 aswell as getting out of homework for a few days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    were you successful?
    £41 for charity so yes I would say so

It was for two hours me playing viola and my sister's friend going around with a hat, it was in aid of the Kazi Mingi foundation http://www.kmf-web.org.uk/

Think I might do it again, I dont need a licence where I am which is good, and I have quite a nice spot :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr_browne)
    Did some in school after the Tsunami disaster and made £41.39 aswell as getting out of homework for a few days.
    £41 seems a good amount, this is after my grade 7 viola exam so I haven't been in lessons for a week :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Someone encouraged me to do busking not long ago (bellydancing for me) because where I live there is no way for me to perform problem was I didn't like the idea of doing it in the middle of Winter. I probably would consider doing it though.

ReputationRep:
    £41 for charity so yes I would say so

It was for two hours me playing viola and my sister's friend going around with a hat, it was in aid of the Kazi Mingi foundation http://www.kmf-web.org.uk/

Think I might do it again, I dont need a licence where I am which is good, and I have quite a nice spot :cool:
    Aww you made it for charity? Thats so sweet of you :hugs:
    Good on ya!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Aww you made it for charity? Thats so sweet of you :hugs:
    Good on ya!
    thanks Well, I have enough money as it is and I want to give to this charity so thought, why not!

ReputationRep:
    thanks Well, I have enough money as it is and I want to give to this charity so thought, why not!
    Thats great most people would have just pocketed the cash even if they did have enough money

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.