Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Manchester Met, Manchester, and UMIST form the biggest university campus in Europe. Talking of Alan Touring he invented the worlds first programable computer at Manchester University along with Tom Kilburn.

As for night clubs I think 5th is my favourite. It is safe and cheap. £1 a drink you can't really argue. I am lucky as well as I can just get the 86 night bus back to my house.

42nd street is another good club but I prefer 5th ave. I am going there for new years eve.

As for bands here is a list of bands that have come from Manchestere of the top of my head. There are much much more.

10CC
    Bee Gee's
    New Order
    Hollies
    Joy Division
    Herman's Hermits
    Happy Mondays
    M People
    Buzzcocks
    Oasis
    Doves
    Badly Drawn Boy
    Alfie
    Inspiral Carpets
    Freddie and The Dreamers
    808 State
    Electronic
    Elkie Brooks
    The Smiths
    Stone Roses
    The Fall
    James
    A certain Ratio
    Chameleons
    Duruti Coloumn
    Simply Red
    Cleopatra
    Take That
    Black Grape

Damn I have run out of names now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Which part of Manchester are you from? Which schools/colleges are you at?

I'm from North Manc, but goto Xaverian. I wouldn't be too surprised if any of you lot also do.
    Me too. Are you L6, U6 or 6S?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    King David school, no?
    Yep, how dya know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Yep, how dya know?
    Well you said you were at a Jewish school and I dont know of any others in Manchester (I'm a Manc too). Also I vaguely knew the location! You're lucky, it seems like a great school and it always gets good press. Isnt it the best state school in Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Rochdale and went to Crompton House in Oldham...

so yes, i know where Heywood is.

Is Abraham Moss the Community School with a theatre??? If so, I've played in the orch, for productions there in the past

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Me too. Are you L6, U6 or 6S?
    Upper 6? Who are you?

ReputationRep:
    Fallowfield in Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    Upper 6? Who are you?
    6S

ReputationRep:
    is anybody studying in Man U??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    Well you said you were at a Jewish school and I dont know of any others in Manchester (I'm a Manc too). Also I vaguely knew the location! You're lucky, it seems like a great school and it always gets good press. Isnt it the best state school in Manchester?
    Yes, I think so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    6S
    What subjects do you take with which teachers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by youyou)
    is anybody studying in Man U??
    I'm planning to next year, I have a friend studying there at the moment though. It was good when I went on the open day and I stayed around his for the night so got to see the nightlife. Manchester has a lot to offer, can't wait ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darknessishope)
    I'm planning to next year, I have a friend studying there at the moment though. It was good when I went on the open day and I stayed around his for the night so got to see the nightlife. Manchester has a lot to offer, can't wait ^_^
    i do agree with you,i like Manchester and i went on the open dayas well hpefully i will get into it and enjoy my life and study there..
    by the way,what subject are you going to study in Uni??

ReputationRep:
    i do agree with you,i like Manchester and i went on the open dayas well hpefully i will get into it and enjoy my life and study there..
    by the way,what subject are you going to study in Uni??
    If I get into Manchester Met I'm going to do psychology and sociology. Doing the BPS graduate thing, then later on will either carry on with criminology or clinical psychology, not sure yet. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darknessishope)
    If I get into Manchester Met I'm going to do psychology and sociology. Doing the BPS graduate thing, then later on will either carry on with criminology or clinical psychology, not sure yet. What about you?
    it sounds great...one of my friend applied for sociology and got the offer from Man U,she said she will choose Man U for the firm choice.
    i am going to do pharmacy in the Uni....

ReputationRep:
    it sounds great...one of my friend applied for sociology and got the offer from Man U,she said she will choose Man U for the firm choice.
    i am going to do pharmacy in the Uni....
    cool, what made you decide to do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Trafford Centre- has everything.
    Cinema, Food, shops, laser quest, arcade....
    The trafford centre is an evil evil place, but in a good way. whenever i go i spend waaaay too much money and suffer the consequences for weeks afterwards!!

ReputationRep:
    What subjects do you take with which teachers?
    Just further maths at the moment.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.