The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Probably would want them to be my height, or a little taller (I know, shallow), although if they ticked all the boxes but were a little shorter than me it wouldn't matter so much. The two most important things in a men are: Humour and Intelligence.
If you can't make me laugh, then you don't stand a chance, and if you can't rub two brain cells together either, then that's not on either! To be honest these kind of guys I do get with...but that's all. ie. I would never consider dating them.

So yeah, humour - a guy has to be naturally funny. Intelligence is a must, as is integrity. I also really like creative people, so if they were good at art, music, or writing etc, then they'd be a winner. They have to be talented at something; anything; they have to have a passion, as otherwise they'd be a bit bland in my opinion. Sporty and fit is good. I'm quite a sporty girl myself, so yeah, if they played a bit of sport (anything) then that'd be cool. Good physique etc important too.

As for looks in general, obviously they are a plus, but as long as a guy isn't completely butt ugly, it's fine. I don't have a specific type; well I do, but it varies all the time. Right now though, I'm really disliking blokes with long hair - it was cool at first, but now every single bloke has long hair, and I'm starting to really hate it. If you've followed this tiresome trend - get rid of it! You'll pull more.

Dress sense is quite important to me, to be truthful. I don't really mind what a guy's style is, as long as it's a bit individual, and that he looks good and can pull it off. Converse All Stars are a plus. :smile: As are nice jeans, and a funky tee. Shirts are nice also. If a man's got really nice hair, it's also good. Don't have a boring, dull style.

Now I'm rambling, so to round it up - manners are important too, honesty, politeness, trust, kindness and genuiness to add to the personality factor. But seriously, looks and all that important if a bloke is kind, caring, intelligent, funny, and confident. Confidence is imperative. Hope I helped.
Reply 21
By the way, Ryan Phillippe is my ideal kind of guy. I'm also a fan of Adam Brody (see how my taste varies). And in the spirit of Wimbledon, Andy Roddick is fit. :wink:
Reply 22
i guess the main things hve already been mentioned but 4 me one of the things a guy has to have is iniative!!!i know so many guys who lack this so wen one comes along with it, im well impressed!! :smile:
Reply 23
ok then. what features do u all class as physical/facially attractive?
Reply 24
This thread has boosted my ego to rather gargantuan proportions.
Reply 25
foxo
This thread has boosted my ego to rather gargantuan proportions.

No no no egos are bad! :p:
Reply 26
zhivago
They have to be talented at something; anything; they have to have a passion, as otherwise they'd be a bit bland in my opinion. Sporty and fit is good. Good physique etc important too.

Dress sense is quite important to me, to be truthful. I don't really mind what a guy's style is, as long as it's a bit individual, and that he looks good and can pull it off. Converse All Stars are a plus. :smile: As are nice jeans, and a funky tee. Shirts are nice also.

*claps*
Exactly what I coulda written myself.
I'd like to be able to look up on my bf and be proud of him.
I consider a guy working hard at something he's passionate about to be extremely attractive.
I'd like my guy to care about his health (hence the sporty bit).
I'd like my guy to make an effort to look good for me, as I do for him. But not so much that he starts obsessing about himself.
Reply 27
Amanda
No no no egos are bad! :p:

I know, I know. But as a quiet shy guy, I'll enjoy it while I can. :wink:
Reply 28
Personality: Intelligent but not geeky, interesting (but interested as well), kind but not a pushover, honest but not rudely so, talkative (but a good listener as well), emotional but not a wet blanket, charming but not in an arrogant way, funny (and that includes laughing at what other people say as well as saying funny things), trustworthy but not faithful just for the sake of it, sweet but not using mindless flattery, committed but not clingy, physically passionate but not sex-obsessed, modest but confident, creative but logical as well, gentlemanly but not in an old fashioned way, polite but not overly high on etiquette, protective but not possessive.

In short, perfectly balanced :biggrin:

Eeeek got carried away there!!! :redface:

Ermmm, visually: Tall, with a wonderful smile, gorgeous eyes, and cuddleable. But there is not much criteria visually.

And omg he exists!! :biggrin:
Reply 29
Adhsur
Personality: Intelligent but not geeky, interesting (but interested
as well), kind but not a pushover, honest but not rudely so, talkative (but a good listener as well), emotional but not a wet blanket, charming but not in an arrogant way, funny (and that includes laughing at what other people say as well as saying funny things), trustworthy but not faithful just for the sake of it, sweet but not using mindless flattery, modest but not with an inferiority complex, creative but logical as well, gentlemanly but not in an old fashioned way, polite but not overly high on etiquette, protective but not possessive.

In short, perfectly balanced :biggrin:

Eeeek got carried away there!!! :redface:

Ermmm, visually: Tall, with a wonderful smile, gorgeous eyes, and cuddleable. But there is not much criteria visually.

And omg he exists!! :biggrin:

lol. I know i do :cool:
Reply 30
No no no egos are bad!

lol!! She's right!

ok then. what features do u all class as physical/facially attractive?

Erm, physically attractive? In an ideal world, good abs possibly a six pack would be fantastic. As would be defined and toned biceps and triceps. But I don't really expect lads my age (15/16) to have those kind of physical definitions; although I do know quite a few, having said that, that have lovely 3-packs (!!) and muscular arms. So ideally, muscular arms, six packs for physicality. Although, if it helps, over-muscular is not nice! If somebody looks like they've been on steriods for three years it's not attractive by any means. If you're not muscly but have a relatively toned physique, flat stomach, nice arms you should be fine. The one thing I don't like is man boobs. If you have breasts, lose them. If you have an overhang (or muffin top) this would also put me off. However, if you're not skinny, but aren't flabby, then don't worry. Legs I'm not too fussy over; as long as they're not twiglets, once again, fine. You can't go too wrong body wise at my age. When you get older, you'll know when you're physically unattractive!

Facially, once again, I like a bit of stubble on a man. But lads my age...well some of them can't oblige shall we say (although most can!). To be frank, it's hard to define attractiveness facially. Everybody's different - and you shouldn't go thinking that the traditional pretty boy is the most attractive out there. I prefer someone a bit more rugged. Nice eyes are a very good plus though; and it's not really that hard to have nice eyes. Even if you have a big corker of a nose you could still be really fit. It depends on how your face is structured, basically if it's in proportion you'll be attractive. If you have big ears you can still be fit, if you have other good features. For example, I'd shag Ben Stiller - he has huge ears, but other than that, he's near perfect. I'd shag Owen Wilson too, who has the most ****ed up nose out there. It's quirky, sure, but it doesn't make him unattractive.

Chazzinio, if you really want piece of mind, you should PM with your photo, and I'll be nice, but tell you candidly how attractive/unattractive you are. But you seem like a nice guy, so there's no need to worry in my opinion. You just need a confidence boost. Remember also, that having similar personalities and things in common is also an essential. If a guy is perfect physically, but shares no interests with me, then there's no point unfortunately.
Reply 31
*claps*
Exactly what I coulda written myself.
I'd like to be able to look up on my bf and be proud of him.
I consider a guy working hard at something he's passionate about to be extremely attractive.
I'd like my guy to care about his health (hence the sporty bit).
I'd like my guy to make an effort to look good for me, as I do for him. But not so much that he starts obsessing about himself.

ChocoVet I applaud you back! Hopefully, supply and demand will apply with guys. ie. the more people who like nice types (ie. us) the more there will be! :wink: Wahey!

Adhsur, I'm liking your preferences too; even if they are a little on the...um...extensive side!
Reply 32
Physically I like a lean build with long hair - I love long hair on a guy!
Reply 33
zhivago
lol!! She's right!

Erm, physically attractive? In an ideal world, good abs possibly a six pack would be fantastic. As would be defined and toned biceps and triceps. But I don't really expect lads my age (15/16) to have those kind of physical definitions; although I do know quite a few, having said that, that have lovely 3-packs (!!) and muscular arms. So ideally, muscular arms, six packs for physicality. Although, if it helps, over-muscular is not nice! If somebody looks like they've been on steriods for three years it's not attractive by any means. If you're not muscly but have a relatively toned physique, flat stomach, nice arms you should be fine. The one thing I don't like is man boobs. If you have breasts, lose them. If you have an overhang (or muffin top) this would also put me off. However, if you're not skinny, but aren't flabby, then don't worry. Legs I'm not too fussy over; as long as they're not twiglets, once again, fine. You can't go too wrong body wise at my age. When you get older, you'll know when you're physically unattractive!

Facially, once again, I like a bit of stubble on a man. But lads my age...well some of them can't oblige shall we say (although most can!). To be frank, it's hard to define attractiveness facially. Everybody's different - and you shouldn't go thinking that the traditional pretty boy is the most attractive out there. I prefer someone a bit more rugged. Nice eyes are a very good plus though; and it's not really that hard to have nice eyes. Even if you have a big corker of a nose you could still be really fit. It depends on how your face is structured, basically if it's in proportion you'll be attractive. If you have big ears you can still be fit, if you have other good features. For example, I'd shag Ben Stiller - he has huge ears, but other than that, he's near perfect. I'd shag Owen Wilson too, who has the most ****ed up nose out there. It's quirky, sure, but it doesn't make him unattractive.

Chazzinio, if you really want piece of mind, you should PM with your photo, and I'll be nice, but tell you candidly how attractive/unattractive you are. But you seem like a nice guy, so there's no need to worry in my opinion. You just need a confidence boost. Remember also, that having similar personalities and things in common is also an essential. If a guy is perfect physically, but shares no interests with me, then there's no point unfortunately.

wo wo wo. i didnt say i had low self confidence etc. i was just trying to broaden my knowledge into the depths of the mind of the women!
Reply 34
Physically I like a lean build with long hair - I love long hair on a guy!

I favour a lean build too. I used to like long hair, but seriously now, I've completely gone off it. Simply because 99% of blokes I know now have long hair, it's like when you get sick of something you know? It's the same that a lot of guys I know have said they're sick of seeing girls with orange bottle-on tans, or sun bed shaggers. I'm sick of seing blokes with unruly locks, just because every other guy now has unruly locks! I liked it in the beginning though, when it was a bit daring and different. :p:
Reply 35
wo wo wo. i didnt say i had low self confidence etc. i was just trying to broaden my knowledge into the depths of the mind of the women!

Ok, your condifence is reasserted! So what are you like then? Do you match up to all the criteria given here then?
Reply 36
zhivago
I favour a lean build too. I used to like long hair, but seriously now, I've completely gone off it. Simply because 99% of blokes I know now have long hair, it's like when you get sick of something you know? It's the same that a lot of guys I know have said they're sick of seeing girls with orange bottle-on tans, or sun bed shaggers. I'm sick of seing blokes with unruly locks, just because every other guy now has unruly locks! I liked it in the beginning though, when it was a bit daring and different. :p:

I see where you're coming from - it's just I like to play with it and love it when I finally manage to persuade my boyfriend to tie his hair up (which takes some doing and doesn't last more than five seconds) because it makes him look all artistic, especially when he hasn't shaved and has a goatee. :biggrin:
Reply 37
love it when I finally manage to persuade my boyfriend to tie his hair up (which takes some doing and doesn't last more than five seconds) because it makes him look all artistic, especially when he hasn't shaved and has a goatee.

That's really nice! :wink: I'll have to try it...
Vijay1
To put it straight:

Girls expect too much from boys
Boys expect too much from girls

Result: dissappointment!

I agree with u.. thats why arrange marriages are more successful and boring, as they have no expectations from eachother.. lol..
ChocoVet
good sense of humour
sensibility
talents
ambition
kind heart

Damn! i have all those things in me but i am not a good joker :frown: ..

Latest

Trending

Trending