Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im thinking of getting a job an retail in places such as somerfields, tesco sainsburys etc...

I heard that these sort of companys pay more money on a sunday. Im willing to work all day on a sunday. Im\just interested on wat most of these companys pay on sundays per hour

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i think it is quite hard to find this sunday job there, because not only you want such job. there are loads of other people who want it.

ReputationRep:
    ANYONE KNOW THE HOURLY RATES FOR SUNDAYS??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalTFX)
    ANYONE KNOW THE HOURLY RATES FOR SUNDAYS??
    NO!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Colonel)
    NO!!
    :laugh:

I think its double what it is usual days. I think. My friends sister worked in waitrose on a sunday and got £10 and hour, 3 hours = £30, pretty good. But as Izzy said they are hard to find.

ReputationRep:
    working on a sunday makes no difference to my pay, i'm in retail and it really is the worst pay i have come across! flippin £3.50 p/h!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    working on a sunday makes no difference to my pay, i'm in retail and it really is the worst pay i have come across! flippin £3.50 p/h!!!
    That is sick, complain complain complain.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by The Colonel)
    NO!!
    Then why respond?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ArsenalTFX)
    Hi, im thinking of getting a job an retail in places such as somerfields, tesco sainsburys etc...

I heard that these sort of companys pay more money on a sunday. Im willing to work all day on a sunday. Im\just interested on wat most of these companys pay on sundays per hour

Thanks
    The pay for some large chain supermarkets is time and a half or double time on a sunday.

Hope that answers your question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    That is sick, complain complain complain.
    i don't work in a supermarket though, so maybe that has something to do with it! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think supermarkets are the exception when it comes to higher rates on a Sunday - I worked in a shop (large chain but not supermarket) and there was no extra rate for Sundays so I didn't work them
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Doesn't matter if you work in a supermarket. I am assuming that when you accepted the job you signed a contract. Within that contract and the basis on which you accepted the job was the pay and hours you would recieve. They have no obligation to raise your pay at all. If you don't like it, then perhaps you could look elsewhere rather than complaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    Doesn't matter if you work in a supermarket. I am assuming that when you accepted the job you signed a contract. Within that contract and the basis on which you accepted the job was the pay and hours you would recieve. They have no obligation to raise your pay at all. If you don't like it, then perhaps you could look elsewhere rather than complaining.
    i didn't sign a contract :confused: so technically, i could just walk out and not turn up for work :confused:

ReputationRep:
    In my last job working in a shop I was only contracted to a Saturday, so when I worked a Sunday I got time and a third. Another girl who was contracted to a Sunday only got normal pay on the Sunday, so maybe it depends on what hours they contract you to. If you cant find out, you could always ask at interview...Im at Sainsburys now but I dont know what the pay is on a sunday as Im not contracted to them

ReputationRep:
    I work in a supermarket, morrisons
    I get £5 an hour basic rate, but because i work on a sunday its £7.50 an hour, which is time and a half
    so its quite good really

ReputationRep:
    I work for iceland and i dont get any extra for sundays/bank holidays etc. AND i work EVERY sunday. On bank holidays the working supervisor will get double but us normal people dont its so unfair.

ReputationRep:
    i didn't sign a contract :confused: so technically, i could just walk out and not turn up for work :confused:
    Yep, and equally they don't have to pay you if they decide they don't want you.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by purplecrayon)
    I work for iceland and i dont get any extra for sundays/bank holidays etc. AND i work EVERY sunday. On bank holidays the working supervisor will get double but us normal people dont its so unfair.
    Yes, and I am sure that your supervisior earns it being that he is more responsible than you if things go wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    Yes, and I am sure that your supervisior earns it being that he is more responsible than you if things go wrong.
    Maybe it's just because they fill in the timesheets that go to the HR department and they want to save money on their P&L :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i don't work in a supermarket though, so maybe that has something to do with it! :confused:
    lol nothing to do with it, a sunday is a sunday wherever you work.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.