The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

BlackHawk
Yes, and I am sure that your supervisior earns it being that he is more responsible than you if things go wrong.

you clearly dont know my supervisor - but responsiible he is far from.

Infact maybe you should work at my iceland for a day and see what kinda crazy people i work with/for !
Reply 21
i used to work in greggs (mmmm hats and hairnets...) i got like 5.17 an hour on a saturday and 10 an hour on a sunday, but if you got a job there now you wouldnt get double time, they stoped it for the new people. i'm starting to wish i'd never left, my new job only pays 4.10 an hour :frown:
x
Hmm.
I've just started at waitrose and I get £6.48 an hour on sundays.

So this week, I've earned;
£17.28 (thursday induction)
£21.60 (saturday pay)
£21.06 (sunday pay)
£100 (ema bonus)
£30 (ema normal pay)
= £189.94

Not bad, eh? :biggrin:
I work at Somerfield and on Sunday I get time and a half - as I am an adult thats £4.90 normall and then on Sundays I get £7.35 an hour. If I was under 18 the pay would be £4.50 normally and therefore £6.75! Hope this helps.
Reply 24
k thanks
Reply 25
waitrose- been there 2 yrs working saturdays and im on 5.72 per hour
commoner
waitrose- been there 2 yrs working saturdays and im on 5.72 per hour

I work at waitrose too, started about a year and a half ago, right after they decided to slash the sunday pay rate from double time to time and a half, but nvm eh, my base pay is about £5.60 so I still earn in excess of £8 an hour on sundays
Reply 27
i joined a month before they slashed double time!
Reply 28
i work sundays in jewellery shop and get time and a half its good stuff
Reply 29
At Asda there is no incentive to work Sundays and that is increasingly becoming a new trend so if you can get a job with extra Sunday pay jump on board!
i only work sundays, but im paid basic rate of 4.72.
Reply 31
I work at Sainsburys and its more than usual on a Sunday but not quite time and a half.

Latest

Trending

Trending