Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I recently recieved an offer from Durham University, going to St Cuthberts as my college.
    I picked St Cuths not really knowin anything about it so i was just wondering what peoples opinion is of that college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KarmaPoliceman)
    I recently recieved an offer from Durham University, going to St Cuthberts as my college.
    I picked St Cuths not really knowin anything about it so i was just wondering what peoples opinion is of that college.
    I don't really know about that college, apparently it's quite quiet! Can i ask what subject u have got an offer for? I'm still waiting for history
    x

ReputationRep:
    My offer was for Biology, they offered me ABB.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know too much about the durham colleges, one thing i know about st cuths is that its not actually a "college" but a society-no practicle differences i dont think

i think its quite small, looks nice, one of the older colleges a bit like st chads (where i applied)..nice and quaint

unfortunately i think st cuths has a large number of shared accom (i could be wrong) so in 1st year you'll probable be sharing a room

i am in same boat,as st chads also has this policy...i guess this teaches us the virtue of careful research, i applied st chads cos it looked nice

but i have been told that the shared rooms are quite large, so you'll have your own desk space, furniture, etc, and apparently they try to match u up with someone of same interests..should be ok, but go open day and ask around

bye

ReputationRep:
    oh , and i think i read thay they have a really cool bar

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer from Grey, dunno what that's like, other than pretty, overlooking Castle, lots of "Durhamness" judging from the photo gallery. Dunno whether I want to go there, have concerns about fitting in, would also like a course which is really rigorous, like Warwick. But yeah, Warwick or Durham, dunno yet.

ReputationRep:
    I've gotten an offer on the UCAS website but I don't know which college i've been allocated to!!!!! I applied for Collingwood but I don't know if I got that choice!! WHERE IS MY LETTER?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    I've gotten an offer on the UCAS website but I don't know which college i've been allocated to!!!!! I applied for Collingwood but I don't know if I got that choice!! WHERE IS MY LETTER?!
    Check the Campus code on the UCAS website - if it is still the code for Collingwood, you have been accepted at that college. If the Campus code is different, the new code is the college you have been offered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *~Sarah~*)
    Check the Campus code on the UCAS website - if it is still the code for Collingwood, you have been accepted at that college. If the Campus code is different, the new code is the college you have been offered.
    The campus code is still the same so I must have been accepted into Collingwood! YAY! I'm not gonna go to Durham though...haha. My heart is set on Nottingham now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nero076)
    i dont know too much about the durham colleges, one thing i know about st cuths is that its not actually a "college" but a society-no practicle differences i dont think

i think its quite small, looks nice, one of the older colleges a bit like st chads (where i applied)..nice and quaint

unfortunately i think st cuths has a large number of shared accom (i could be wrong) so in 1st year you'll probable be sharing a room

i am in same boat,as st chads also has this policy...i guess this teaches us the virtue of careful research, i applied st chads cos it looked nice

but i have been told that the shared rooms are quite large, so you'll have your own desk space, furniture, etc, and apparently they try to match u up with someone of same interests..should be ok, but go open day and ask around

bye
    I've got a place at St Chad's too! What subject have you applied there for? Biochem and Molecular biol for me! ABB.

ReputationRep:
    hello sar, my future durham buddy

i am going to study economics, and durham will probably be my first choice (unless is get into PPE at oxford, which given my shaky interview performance looks likely)

i intended for durham to be a likely second choice, the offer is abb too. however, i've not heard back from nottinghame and bath (one of which i thought would be 1st choice) and having seen the lovely photos of st chads/durham in general, i'll probably choose it over those two.

i havent visited it yet....pics look lovely...i will be at open day on 22/23 march....maybe i'll see you there? (little worried about "dress smartly" instruction, i hate wearing a tie!)

ReputationRep:
    should read:

i am going to study economics, and durham will probably be my first choice (unless is get into PPE at oxford, which given my shaky interview performance looks UNLIKELY)

sorry!

ReputationRep:
    No one seems to know to much bout st cuth's it seems.
    Durham looks like quite a cool place though and the good bar sounds cool. I dont mind too much bout sharing a room either.
    Gonna go to the open day and see what its like

ReputationRep:
    another correction to above comment as have just seen that Bath has turned me down!! lol

oh well, wouldnt wanna go there anyway!! go durham!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nero076)
    hello sar, my future durham buddy

i am going to study economics, and durham will probably be my first choice (unless is get into PPE at oxford, which given my shaky interview performance looks likely)

i intended for durham to be a likely second choice, the offer is abb too. however, i've not heard back from nottinghame and bath (one of which i thought would be 1st choice) and having seen the lovely photos of st chads/durham in general, i'll probably choose it over those two.

i havent visited it yet....pics look lovely...i will be at open day on 22/23 march....maybe i'll see you there? (little worried about "dress smartly" instruction, i hate wearing a tie!)
    I can't decide whether to put Dur as 1st choice or Bristol (i applied for Natsci at Cambridge but as with you, the interview was a little shaky!) I'll probs be going 22/23 yep! Sounds all formal though with the meal and all! I've heard that Oxford should be sending out rpelies at the end of the week, you'll have to tell me how you get on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sar)
    I can't decide whether to put Dur as 1st choice or Bristol (i applied for Natsci at Cambridge but as with you, the interview was a little shaky!) I'll probs be going 22/23 yep! Sounds all formal though with the meal and all! I've heard that Oxford should be sending out rpelies at the end of the week, you'll have to tell me how you get on!
    I only got my letter from Oxford on Christmas Eve and they don't inform UCAS if their decisions until the end of January so there is absolutely no way of finding out until you get it. Better than waiting until after Christmas though - I'm sure that would have killed some people!!! I was just waiting for a rejection though so it was a really nice surprise.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KarmaPoliceman)
    No one seems to know to much bout st cuth's it seems.
    Durham looks like quite a cool place though and the good bar sounds cool. I dont mind too much bout sharing a room either.
    Gonna go to the open day and see what its like
    I heard that cuth's has a shortage of accomodation, so a lot of students dont get to live there at all. (and my friend says the name sounds like its some sort of weird cult!!!)

ReputationRep:
    hiya!

i was going 2 ask the same q about st cuthburts

ive been accepted a place there altho i aplied 2 university!

it was going to be my 1st choice if i dont get in2 cam!]

but i dont no wot 2 do now cos i dont want to go there if i dont get in have 2 keep prayin thatll ill get in!

when do we find out form the 28th?

ReputationRep:
    wow can't believe i missed this thread!!!

i am at Cuths and so is AveHan and we will answer any questions you may have!!

being in Cuths is absolutely amazing, it is such a friendly atmosphere, we have the best bar with the cheapest drinks and best opening times and we are the most notorious college(society!) for having fun and generally being really a bit crazy...... i have no idea why whoever it was said Cuths is a bit quiet....it is so far from it! also it is in a great location on the bailey
    Yes it is true that some people have to live outside the college but this isnt as bad as everyone seems to think, its not like we have to find our own accomodation, thats still owned by Cuths, except it is located around the city rather than in college. This means you get more freedom and get to live in a much bigger nicer place!!!!
    If you accept your offer we can give you advice on the best accomodation to apply for aswell!!

and me and Ave Han will meet up with you guys when you get here and get you lashed and show you the sites cos we are the coolest people you are ever likely to meet there!!!!

ReputationRep:
    really is it that good, i was going 2 fone durham up 2 ask 2 swop afta ive foned cam!
    do u know nething about music, ie the choirs, as it doesnt have a chapel, so i presume theres no chapel choir?
    could ur accomodation be along way from the society?
    and is it an actual college that u can c? or is it just called a col if u know what i mean?
    thanx 4 ur help!

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.