Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    at NEXT? The clothes shop? I have an interview just wondered if anyone has had an interview there. Be honest

ReputationRep:
    From TK

(Original post by TK)
    It's very easy to get a job at Next. I didn't fill in any of the silly questions like 'why is customer service important' blah blah blah' but my manager said i had a nice smile :rollseyes: and that he'd like me to work there. The interview was just like a little chat really...not at all serious, but my manager was a complete joker. I started straight away. But all branches are different I guess - good luck. TK xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    From TK
    cool which thread is that from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    cool which thread is that from?
    It's not from a thread.

ReputationRep:
    My sister managed to get a job there, and if she can potentially anyone can! I've never known anyone so unmotivated to get a job (or stick to one) than her! She probably scowled at the interviewer and wrote I'm stupid across the application!!!
    Also, if your interview is just a friendly chat, it usually means you've got the job, they just want a quick chat with you to see how you are in real life check that you are cut out for it-you can write anything on an application, but be actually wierd (for lack of a better word) and not up for the job when they get to see you. Just go in and smile at whoever's interviewing you, maintain eye contactwear something smart, give them a good handshake when you're first introduced to them,act really friendly towards them, etc, you'll be fine!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    One of the perks about working at Next is the HUGE staff discount!

One of my friends worked there, and at the new year sale which already had half price stuff, was getting further discount so was getting clothes which were originally £30 for £7- £8

ReputationRep:
    Same as most fashionable stores I guess. It's not exactly skilled labour.. It's as much about image as anything. If you walk the walk and talk the talk, hit it off with your interviewer and you're laughing.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Next were really awful to me. I put in an application and they never even got back to me. THey took on a load of people and didn't even tell me they didn't want me - which - I think is really bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulsussed)
    Next were really awful to me. I put in an application and they never even got back to me. THey took on a load of people and didn't even tell me they didn't want me - which - I think is really bad.
    Same here, went for an interview, they never told me whether i got it or not, i am assuming that after 1 year, they didn't want me.

ReputationRep:
    well ,, i just gave in my CV today...when will they reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qarishahg)
    well ,, i just gave in my CV today...when will they reply?
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuu neeeeeevvvvvvvveeeerrrr kkkkknnnnnoooooooowwwwwww!! It depends what they're like near you. Just keep chasing it up, don't wait around for them, keep ringing them

ReputationRep:
    ok when shaould i ring them.. preferably???

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I worked at next last year, I phoned them up and asked if they had any vacancies, they said yes and I went for an interview about a week later.

I didnt like it there though, I only worked there for 3 weeks haha!

Good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qarishahg)
    After a week, if you haven't heard anything. Then after a week, every few days, just nag them.

ReputationRep:
    Do you need to know stuff on...clothes etc or is it just simple jobs. Also how long does it take to learn how to use the till competently?!

ReputationRep:
    They gave my stupid friend a job. Well shes not my friend anymore

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.