Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by che guevara)
    LOL .. do u want them to held a referendum? The surveys r based on specific number of ppl from every race, religion and class..
    So it was a small sample from a few democratic and free countries in the world...?

When it comes to the variable attitudes of the entire world, don't chuck figures at me.

ReputationRep:
    So because they dont travel they are bad people?
    Again Lawz, do not put words in my mouth.

They produce 25% of the world pollution and 25% of the worlds GDP.
    But the GDP isn;t produced evenly amongst the populatio. And it's the US lifesyle of the US population which produced the high pollution levels.

They start the most wars? Very simplistic view.
    Not really. They've invaded umpteen countries for their own selfish reasons.

They supported dictators? That does nothing to differentiate them from any other country in the world.
    They support(ed) more dictators than anyone else, and also claim to be the bigest spreaders of democracy and morality at the same time.

To begin with that only one congressman's son was in Iraq. It was a complete lie. There were others... though I cant be bothered to list them.
    So small lies, nothing about the hard facs of bushes history, the links with the saudis, the US contracters and the Iraqi misery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    I would say that is far from true though... I found almost every american I have met while living in the US to be overly fond of the British.
    sorry to be mean, but what u say can be untrue..

ReputationRep:
    As a nice example of Moore's manipulation of the truth:

"Fahrenheit Fact no. 6: Moore distorts Bush "vacation days"
    Moorelies.com has an article about how the "vacation days" were calculated:

It's obvious that these "vacation days" include weekends. (You can do the math: 250/x=42/100; x=595 days=1.63 years). Okay, 42% is a lot of vacation, but weekends account for 29% of our time. I'm sure that a lot of this "vacation" time is just Bush going to Camp David for the weekend. Can we really fault the President for going to Camp David on weekends? If you take out weekends, you get 42%-29%, or 13% of the time that Bush was on vacation.

Okay, this is still a lot, although 13% looks a lot better than 42%. Over a year, 13% is about 6.76 weeks of the year--which is still much more than most of us. But we know that Bush's vacations are generally working vacations. For example, he has hosted visits from leaders like Putin, Fox, and many others there. This hardly seems like a real vacation.

As Hitchens points out today, there are a lot of problems with Fahrenheit 9/11. It's pretty clear that Moore's "vacation time" allegation is one of them."

ReputationRep:
    I also found that the Americans were very polite when i was over there. All of the Americans i met seemed to be very interested in British culture etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    The American's don't exactly love us. "Limey brown toothed tea sipping morons" appears to be the average opinion towards those from Britain.
    What nonsense. Britain is considered to be the main American ally by an overwhelming majority of Americans. Blair has an ~85% approval rating over here. Anything British is automatically considered to be better than anything American.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it can.. but when it comes to the opinion of Americans all we have is anecdotal evidence. I lived in the US for almost a year, so my anecdotal evidence has more weight than those who have only been there to see Epcot.

Is it conclusive? No - of course not ... but then what is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beekeeper_)
    So it was a small sample from a few democratic and free countries in the world...?
    Everyone has different views on democracy.. like Bush thinks those countries which support USA are the only democratic countries..

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has different views on democracy.. like Bush thinks those countries which support USA are the only democratic countries..
    Huh? Thats not even close to being true.

The US has questioned the democracy of France?

ReputationRep:
    I don't see American troops in France.

ReputationRep:
    I also found that the Americans were very polite when i was over there. All of the Americans i met seemed to be very interested in British culture etc.
    Americans and polite? well every country has good and bad ppl.. if u go to texas u will hardly find anyone polite.. the polite ppl in USA are mostly europeans..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    I don't see American troops in France.
    haha.. France is a big Ally of US.. and i didnt say the countries which US has invaded.. i said the countries which support US..

ReputationRep:
    Americans and polite? well every country has good and bad ppl.. if u go to texas u will hardly find anyone polite.. the polite ppl in USA are mostly europeans..
    Im guessing you havent been to texas? People are INCREDIBLY polite there.... more so than most places in Europe. They are louder - sure - but not impolite.

Have you been to the US or are you FROm the US?

ReputationRep:
    One of my best mates is a chinese guy from Texas, he is a very polite person indeed.

It is dangerous, rude and unfair to generalise.

ReputationRep:
    haha.. France is a big Ally of US..
    Oh PULEASE.... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    haha.. France is a big Ally of US.. and i didnt say the countries which US has invaded.. i said the countries which support US..
    France? Ally of the US? Haven't you discredited yourself enough with your knowledge of the USSR already?

ReputationRep:
    One of my best mates is a chinese guy fro Texas, he is a very polite person indeed.

It is dangerous, rude and unfair to generalise.
    A chinese guy from texas? what do u really want to say?

ReputationRep:
    A chinese guy from texas? what do u really want to say?
    Thats a very rude comment, do you realise how many Asians there are in the USA?

And i was being serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    France? Ally of the US? Haven't you discredited yourself enough with your knowledge of the USSR already?
    U think that disagreeing over war on Iraq made US and France enemies of eachother? they share lots of things in common..

ReputationRep:
    Thats a very rude comment, do you realise how many Asians there are in the USA?

And i was being serious.

i didnt say only europeans..

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.