Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    Again Lawz, do not put words in my mouth.
    Then what does their not travelling have to do with it?

But the GDP isn;t produced evenly amongst the populatio. And it's the US lifesyle of the US population which produced the high pollution levels.
    I dont really see your point. 25% pollution, 25% GDP... fairly interestnig correlation.

Not really. They've invaded umpteen countries for their own selfish reasons.
    As have many other countries.

They support(ed) more dictators than anyone else, and also claim to be the bigest spreaders of democracy and morality at the same time.
    They live in the real world. Sometimes supporting a dictator is better than allowing the alternative. But we've been through this, and as said almost all countries have chekered foreign policy histories. If we are talking about the present time, the US does more to promote democracy than any other nation I can think of.

So small lies, nothing about the hard facs of bushes history, the links with the saudis, the US contracters and the Iraqi misery.
    Read more. For instance the use of the book "house of Bush House of Suad"... been removed in the UK because it was liable to be found to be full of libel. Hardly a sound basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by che guevara)
    U think that disagreeing over war on Iraq made US and France enemies of eachother? they share lots of things in common..
    So youve changed this from "countries that support the US" into "countries that are enemies of the US"? Nice slight of hand - but we noticed.

Pray tell - in what ways does France support the US?

(Original post by beekeeper_)
    Thats a very rude comment, do you realise how many Asians there are in the USA?

And i was being serious.
    indeed.
    (plus isnt that the stereotypical humorous american stereotype - the little chinese guy who speaks in texas coowboy esque language and accent...?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    What nonsense. Britain is considered to be the main American ally by an overwhelming majority of Americans. Blair has an ~85% approval rating over here. Anything British is automatically considered to be better than anything American.
    Perhaps I've been speaking to the wrong people. But, "skanky women", "horrible food", "bad teeth", "liberal idiots", "commie *******s", "right wing monarchists" and of course "limey moron Brits" are regular insults I've came across in relation to some of the less educated internet dwellers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    indeed.
    (plus isnt that the stereotypical humorous american stereotype - the little chinese guy who speaks in texas coowboy esque language and accent...?)
    lol, not one that i am aware of...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Perhaps I've been speaking to the wrong people. But, "skanky women", "horrible food", "bad teeth", "liberal idiots", "commie *******s", "right wing monarchists" and of course "limey moron Brits" are regular insults I've came across in relation to some of the less educated internet dwellers.
    Perhaps you shouldn't judge a country by the behavior of its 12-year-olds kids playing first-person-shooters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Then they have probably accurately described you... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Perhaps you shouldn't judge a country by the behavior of its 12-year-olds kids playing first-person-shooters?
    :rofl:

Sorry, I'm just trying to wind you up. I do not judge countries on Counterstrike prats. I'm well aware that the average American opinion of Britain is fairly high, but the same cannot really be said for this country.

Whilst Michael Moore most certainly hasn't helped in promoting harmony to those across the pond, the situation wasn't exactly great beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Have you been to much of America though?

You take the internet as a decent basis for conclusion? Wow ... dangerous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beekeeper_)
    Then they have probably accurately described you... :rolleyes:
    Ten seconds of my "stuck up British accent" was enough, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Have you been to much of America though?

You take the internet as a decent basis for conclusion? Wow ... dangerous!
    Read the post above yours. I'm being an arse. I blame the baileys and creme de menthe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    The American's don't exactly love us. "Limey brown toothed tea sipping morons" appears to be the average opinion towards those from Britain.
    You must be joking. Everyone knows tht Britain is the most popular country in the USA by a mile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Read the post above yours. I'm being an arse. I blame the baileys and creme de menthe.
    lol ... what a horrible combination.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    lol ... what a horrible combination.
    It is, and I deeply regret drinking it.

ReputationRep:
    Americans and polite? well every country has good and bad ppl.. if u go to texas u will hardly find anyone polite.. the polite ppl in USA are mostly europeans..
    Nonsense. Ever hear of southern hospitality? Southerners are famous for being polite

http://sd.essortment.com/southernhumor_rvwf.htm

ReputationRep:
    What lies were in Farenheit 9/11?
    Lawz already provided a great link with a lot of new info. Here is another one:

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fift...enheit-911.htm

The laundry list of deceits starts about 1/4 of the way down the page.

ReputationRep:
    I love how people assume if you don't love Michael Moore and his propaganda, or you don't hate America, you immediately love the country and their government. Logic takes another hit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    Clam down ...I for one have seen more people in this forum in support of america and what it stands for and I have yet to find someone who thinks what you are stating. Your whole post seems to be about how highly you regard america...well good for you.
    You misunderstood my post. Read the first sentence.

ReputationRep:
    I like Moore's humour and style of writing, but what he says has to be taken with a pinch of salt. He's just out to sell his product and make money - like every other capitalist out there. Scott Adams has a better theory in that everyone's a "weasel"..

ReputationRep:
    sorry to be mean, but what u say can be untrue..
    In a country with a population of nearly 300 Million people, do you really think every single one of them is a loving, caring person who is remarkably friendly to everyone they meet? Because you don't even get that in Liechtenstein (pop. ~33,000), and I know from personal experience.. but that doesn't change my view of the country (which is that it's a nice place.)

Don't generalise a country like that - the vast majority of people you'll meet, wherever you are, are nice people.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.