The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

foxo
their leniancy towards marijauna.

Their leniency towards everything destructive. The Lib Dems live in fairy Land. And yes I have the same problem with labour, they rarely practice what they preach.
Reply 21
Chiron
Their leniency towards everything destructive. The Lib Dems live in fairy Land. And yes I have the same problem with labour, they rarely practice what they preach.

You're right, they are living in cloud cuckoo land. But, I pledge to never, ever vote tory. :wink:
Reply 22
Chiron

That rules out the Dems, Labour (don't get me started), The Conservatives...they are fools and this leave us with what?

This is why the whole system needs to be changed, its a 2-man (or sometimes 3 but the lib dems aren't really that powerful) show
Reply 23
ramroff
how can you ignore him when hes turning the country into a police state, do you realise the govt will know everything there is to know about us eventually and we will be monitored

You're a Lib Dem, same as me. Tony Blair is doing a rubbish job. End of.
Privacy is over rated
Sharing private details means safer and cheaper financial services, things cost less, more efficient public services, safer societies, and of course easier to track criminals.
foxo
But, I pledge to never, ever vote tory. :wink:

Good choice!
Reply 26
* gemchicken

Okay. If, by some miraculous event, every single Conservative and Labour supporter forgot to vote, and the Lib Dems came into power, do you think that Charlie Kennedy would actually be able to get the job done?
Reply 27
* gemchicken

I am a Lib Dem, not out of choice, but because of disastisfaction with the joke that is the Labour Party, and my unwillingness to support the Tories, who are blurring the lines between them and Labour anyway.

And don't get me started on the BNP
Reply 28
foxo
Okay. If, by some miraculous event, every single Conservative and Labour supporter forget to vote, and the Lib Dems came into power, do you think that Charlie Kennedy would actually be able to get the job done?

Erm he'd probably be an improvement on Blair, but then a baboon could be better than him

Yeah thats the extent of my political knowledge, I'll shut up now :smile:
Reply 29
I find Blair's lying the most insulting.
Reply 30
* gemchicken
Erm he'd probably be an improvement on Blair, but then a baboon could be better than him

Yeah thats the extent of my political knowledge, I'll shut up now :smile:

With the huge exception of the Iraq war, what would you say that ol' Tony is doing wrong, or is failing to do right, and what would the Liberal Democrats do to improve the situation?
blair may have a bad reputation but the country is doin really well (mostly due to the economic genius of gordon brown) still, better than the other parties. and that includes liub dems who have never made an independent choice :mad:
Reply 32
I agree, Gordon Brown is great. Oh, and he reminds me of my grandad.

:wink:
Reply 33
telecastro_59
blair may have a bad reputation but the country is doin really well (mostly due to the economic genius of gordon brown) still, better than the other parties. and that includes liub dems who have never made an independent choice :mad:

economically it is doing well but socially we are a timebomb waiting to set off.
ramroff
economically it is doing well but socially we are a timebomb waiting to set off.

how exactly would you explain that?
Reply 35
The Iraq war was a lose-lose situation. Had we not gone to war, then we'd have much more powerful people complaining about it than Michael Moore.
foxo
The Iraq war was a lose-lose situation. Had we not gone to war, then we'd have much more powerful people complaining about it than Michael Moore.

and sadam hussain would still be in power as a tyrannical dictator killing even more innocent iraqis than we are.
that said, i went on many an anti-war demonstration
Reply 37
telecastro_59
how exactly would you explain that?

economically we are doing well and may soon take over germany to become the 3rd largest economy in the world, but socially there are many problems. divorce rates, (dare i say it) the "chav culture" of not being productive and having a good education to become useful in life. crime is increasing, house prices have shot up and more and more people feel like they are constantly working just to survive in britain, our infrastructure is also becoming a mess.
Reply 38
telecastro_59
and sadam hussain would still be in power as a tyrannical dictator killing even more innocent iraqis than we are.
that said, i went on many an anti-war demonstration

but the situation has not improved at all, and the pretext for going to war was entirely false.
ramroff
economically we are doing well and may soon take over germany to become the 3rd largest economy in the world, but socially there are many problems. divorce rates, (dare i say it) the "chav culture" of not being productive and having a good education to become useful in life. crime is increasing, house prices have shot up and more and more people feel like they are constantly working just to survive in britain, our infrastructure is also becoming a mess.

infrastructure is not BECOMING a mess, it has fallen apart due to 20 years of tory underfunding. house prices have steadied themselves and its not really a huge increase anyway due to the relative size of inflation (people earn more now than before but things cost more so it doesn't matter). as for chav culture, that'll disappear when the chavs get jjobs and have real rules to live by or they lose their livelyhood

Latest

Trending

Trending