Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I find it amazing that people with such experience at carrying out a mind-numbingly simple task can make such a mess of it. They keep trying to deliver my parcel during normal working hours, when, surprise surprise, I'm at work!

The driver somehow manages not to leave me the tracking number, so I can't successfully navigate their oh-so-useful voice-activated computer telephone customer services assistant.

All their phone numbers say the same thing: "Sorry we're very busy right now, please use our [useless] website or call back later."

The only thing you can do is email their "How can we help you" box on the website. So I did:

Firstly, you can have a human being answering a telephone when I call. The voice-activated computer brings a whole new meaning to the word incompetant.

Secondly, you can have contact numbers that don't simply say "go away, we're busy" every time somebody calls.

Thirdly, you can actually deliver my parcel to me. If you've attempted delivery three times between 9am-5pm on weekdays it should soon become apparent I might work for a living, so consistently turning up at times when I'm not home is not going to help. Amusingly, you've left a card inviting me to pick it up myself from your London depot, 20 minutes away. If I had time to go and get it myself I wouldn't have paid you to bring it to me in the first place.

Perhaps trying to deliver the parcel after 6pm on a weekday would be more successful, as there will actually be someone here? I am also going to be home during the morning of Wednesday this week, that's July 6th. If this email reaches a fully functioning human being before then, maybe we could arrange another opportunity for you to drag this simple task out over another week?

If anyone other than the voice-activated computer at Parcel Force is capable of operating a telephone, feel free to call me to arrange the possibility of your company actually doing the job I paid it to do.

Customer service anyone?

Do not use them.

ReputationRep:
    Do they actually deliver after 5pm or at a special time you have requested? They don't in Australia, I just go and pick my parcel up if I miss the delivery.

ReputationRep:
    Love the email

ReputationRep:
    sorry did you say it was being delivered by "Parcel Farce"...the clue is in the name...LOL

ReputationRep:
    I like you're email, lets hope it gets to an actual human being in time!

ReputationRep:
    that email is class - if only it would get through the manager thick head!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)

Firstly, you can have a human being answering a telephone when I call. The voice-activated computer brings a whole new meaning to the word incompetant.

Secondly, you can have contact numbers that don't simply say "go away, we're busy" every time somebody calls.

Thirdly, you can actually deliver my parcel to me. If you've attempted delivery three times between 9am-5pm on weekdays it should soon become apparent I might work for a living, so consistently turning up at times when I'm not home is not going to help. Amusingly, you've left a card inviting me to pick it up myself from your London depot, 20 minutes away. If I had time to go and get it myself I wouldn't have paid you to bring it to me in the first place.

Perhaps trying to deliver the parcel after 6pm on a weekday would be more successful, as there will actually be someone here? I am also going to be home during the morning of Wednesday this week, that's July 6th. If this email reaches a fully functioning human being before then, maybe we could arrange another opportunity for you to drag this simple task out over another week?

If anyone other than the voice-activated computer at Parcel Force is capable of operating a telephone, feel free to call me to arrange the possibility of your company actually doing the job I paid it to do.

Customer service anyone?

Parcel Force are *******s. Do not use them.
    Hehe lovin that email!

By the way, if you want a better company for sending stuff, try http://www.parcel2go.com/ I found them very good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Love the email
    My package was supposed to arrive aaages ago. next day delivery? HA.

Blissy if that's you in the pic you're very good looking

ReputationRep:
    You work between 9 and 5...think about it...so do they. What's wrong with their company having the same working hours as you?

With Parcel Force you can specify a day, and if you can get in contact with your local driver, also a general time (but obviously this can't always be adhered to due to traffic).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    You work between 9 and 5...think about it...so do they. What's wrong with their company having the same working hours as you?

With Parcel Force you can specify a day, and if you can get in contact with your local driver, also a general time (but obviously this can't always be adhered to due to traffic).
    There's nothing wrong with them working during the day. But if they want to be a business that delivers parcels to people, you'd have thought they'd have come up with a plan by now for the 20 million or so people that work during each weekday.

I couldn't specify a day or time because someone else arranged the delivery and then the driver managed not to leave the tracking code so I couldn't arrange another time either.

ReputationRep:
    Great Email!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    There's nothing wrong with them working during the day. But if they want to be a business that delivers parcels to people, you'd have thought they'd have come up with a plan by now for the 20 million or so people that work during each weekday.

I couldn't specify a day or time because someone else arranged the delivery and then the driver managed not to leave the tracking code so I couldn't arrange another time either.
    some driver's do it as a secondary job and they deliver outside the time (v useful). normally you can arrange to go pick it up from the local depot.

i agree with the time thing tho. during the vacations i work 8-5 weekdays. i really need to go to the bank, but it's only open 9-5 weekdays, and i think that's very stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is patronising and arrogant - if you can't maintain your politeness, don't expect them to be very sympathetic.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.