Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Sorry if this has been asked before. I just got my provisional today but do I have to wait till my 17th birthday until I can drive or can I start learning to drive now?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You have to wait til ur Bday

ReputationRep:
    When's your 17th birthday? I thought you could apply for it three months before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    You have to wait til ur Bday
    No, you can definitely apply for it before, my sister is turning 17 soon and she can apply for it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    When's your 17th birthday? I thought you could apply for it three months before.
    Wahey might apply for mine then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    No, you can definitely apply for it before, my sister is turning 17 soon and she can apply for it now.
    Yeah I know you can apply for it early. I didn't say you couldnt! He asked if you can actually drive, which you cant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Yeah I know you can apply for it early. I didn't say you couldnt! He asked if you can actually drive, which you cant
    oh right. actually you can learn to drive before you're 17. it has to be on private land.

edit: but i doubt any instructor would do it, except those ones that advertise for 15 year olds (which they do, i heard one company on the radio the other day).

ReputationRep:
    Who gave me negative rep for my post? How was it offensive in anyway? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Who gave me negative rep for my post? How was it offensive in anyway? :rolleyes:
    Another advantage of becoming a subscriber. As you can see who repped you. Then hunt them down and kill them for neg rep.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine a few months before my birthday, but it was not valid until I turned 17:yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    Another advantage of becoming a subscriber. As you can see who repped you. Then hunt them down and kill them for neg rep.
    Lol. I dunno why I got negative rep. All I did was say that your provisional license doesnt start until you're 17. The person left a comment saying "ur wrong cos you can"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Lol. I dunno why I got negative rep. All I did was say that your provisional license doesnt start until you're 17. The person left a comment saying "ur wrong cos you can"
    LOL great reason to give neg rep :top: all they had to do was post something disagreeing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    LOL great reason to give neg rep :top: all they had to do was post something disagreeing.
    Oh well. I'm sure I'll get over it. One day

ReputationRep:
    does any one know what the distance is that you have to be able to read a license plate becuase ive heard its 22meters and i cant do that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB*)
    does any one know what the distance is that you have to be able to read a license plate becuase ive heard its 22meters and i cant do that
    get some ****ing glasses then:p:

or learn to read:yy:

it's 60 feet IIRC. (or possibly 65 feet, or even 22 yards/metres) :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB*)
    Something like that. Just wear contacts/glasses when your test is due.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB*)
    It's 20.5 metres. Which is actually a lot closer than you'd think! Do you wear glasses? I do and I was really worried about not being able to see it but I was fine

ReputationRep:
    glasses will make no difference because ive got something called snowy vision which no doctor or anyone has really come accross before. i basically see little snow flakes (transparentish) fall down my vision all the time.

ReputationRep:
    How much did it cost you? I think it's gonna cost £38 which is a ****in rip.. you might as well not get it and just practice anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB*)
    glasses will make no difference because ive got something called snowy vision which no doctor or anyone has really come accross before. i basically see little snow flakes (transparentish) fall down my vision all the time.
    ..never heard of that. You'll find someway around the number plate thing im sure

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.