Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just wondered if anyone is going to Vetsim in a couple of weeks?

ReputationRep:
    whats vetsim?

ReputationRep:
    the vet version of medlink/medsim....I went to medlnk, decided against medsim though...didnt fancy being woken up at 3am to go to a mock emergency....no thanks, much prefer sleep :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hiya

I'm going on vet sim!
    Did you go to vetsix?
    Are you doing the mammal thing?
    By the way what's your real name?

Emily

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Vetsim (all parts), and did go to Vetsix as well. Although since booking I have just about decided I'm not going to do veterinary after all, but oh well, should still be enjoyable

ReputationRep:
    Im goin to vetsim!

I went vetsix and it was really good, but this should be even better- apart from the bit where they wake you up in the middle of the night and drag you out of bed :eek:

Can't wait for the marine mammal thing though, only problem is i havn't worn my swim suit since i was about 10 so i somehow don't think it is going to fit :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairy princess)
    Im goin to vetsim!

I went vetsix and it was really good, but this should be even better- apart from the bit where they wake you up in the middle of the night and drag you out of bed :eek:

Can't wait for the marine mammal thing though, only problem is i havn't worn my swim suit since i was about 10 so i somehow don't think it is going to fit :rolleyes:
    lol, I had to borrow a swimming costume for the same reason when I did VetSim. When I did it (2 years ago, argh!) I got called out at about midnight and I'd only just gone to bed anyway, so it wasn't too bad. The whole thing's really good, a bit more hands-on than VetSix.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I never looked at my Vetsix notes again, and every single person I kept in contact with decided not to do Vet Science in the end!

Hello Tamsin! Yay to end of exams

ReputationRep:
    http://www.workshop-uk.com/cgi-bin/netchat/discus.cgi

Lots of people going for you^

ReputationRep:
    i loved vetsix, didnt really like vetsim, but then i had got back from australia the day b4, was absolutly knakerd and just wanted to sleep! glad i went tho, it was worth it really, even the call out at 3am to a stuffed cat, and get that keiran bloke shoutin at you coz u dont know the names of all really complex drungs and what they do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angharad)
    Yeah, I never looked at my Vetsix notes again, and every single person I kept in contact with decided not to do Vet Science in the end!

Hello Tamsin! Yay to end of exams
    Hello! :hello:

Yay indeed- I take it they all went OK for you?

:party:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Vetsim So I guess I will see you guys there! xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm off to vetsim. Haven't been to vetsix though.

Are most of the people going at college or still at school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robber's ghost)

Are most of the people going at college or still at school?
    i think its mainly for people just finishing AS levels, but theres proabbly some younger older (? guessing, don't really know, but that was the case for vetsix!) see you there xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by northern_lass)
    i loved vetsix, didnt really like vetsim, but then i had got back from australia the day b4, was absolutly knakerd and just wanted to sleep! glad i went tho, it was worth it really, even the call out at 3am to a stuffed cat, and get that keiran bloke shoutin at you coz u dont know the names of all really complex drungs and what they do!

OMG...I was called out at about that time too!...I also saw the stuffed cat!...and i also noted the fact that Keiran expected us to be experts! :rolleyes:

Vetsix and Vetsim both rocked. Ull all have a great time. It pulled my confidence up loads! Gary Craven (wow - i remembered his name! :eek: ) gave loads of useful advice.

Enjoy! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProvenAngel)
    OMG...I was called out at about that time too!...I also saw the stuffed cat!...and i also noted the fact that Keiran expected us to be experts! :rolleyes:

Vetsix and Vetsim both rocked. Ull all have a great time. It pulled my confidence up loads! Gary Craven (wow - i remembered his name! :eek: ) gave loads of useful advice.

Enjoy! X
    He did, it really put me off, but obv not too much! hehe!

Gary Craven :adore: the man, the myth, the LEGEND! lol!!!! :rolleyes: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Gary Craven :adore: the man, the myth, the LEGEND! lol!!!! :rolleyes: :cool:
    ....who reminded me ever so slightly of Derek Acora from Most Haunted! :p: (sorry, a little off topic i know - just had to be said!)

Yea, Kieran - 'Mr Offputting!' God i hope he reads this; *shouts to Keiran* "a little less of the 'i know everything and you dont' attitude maybe this year!" :p: No offence to him - sure hes a luuuuvely guy n all. Bless him :rolleyes:

so yea, thanks northern_lass - i thought i was the only one who thought that! :p:

-

Another bonus to vetsim ....you get a nice shiny stethoscope!! Only dont be a 'tard and show youself up like me. I went and swaped my red one for a black one, with the explanation that i thought the black one looked 'prettier!!!' :eek: :p:

ReputationRep:
    ....who reminded me ever so slightly of Derek Acora from Most Haunted! :p: (sorry, a little off topic i know - just had to be said!)

Yea, Kieran - 'Mr Offputting!' God i hope he reads this; *shouts to Keiran* "a little less of the 'i know everything and you dont' attitude maybe this year!" :p: No offence to him - sure hes a luuuuvely guy n all. Bless him :rolleyes:

so yea, thanks northern_lass - i thought i was the only one who thought that! :p:
    hehe, no problem! it was like he was trying to put us off! im sure he had his reasons, but at 3 am i was not impressed with being told i know nothing!

the amulance ride was possibly the most scary thing i have ever been put thru in my entire life! whoever was driving, taking sharp corners at at least 70!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Actually I doubt he'll be there this year. He's graduated now and is a vet at my vets surgery.

the amulance ride was possibly the most scary thing i have ever been put thru in my entire life! whoever was driving, taking sharp corners at at least 70!!! :eek:
    What ambulance ride? I can't remember one- I couldn't have been that tired could I?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    When i got back, i couldnt get back to sleep. I looked out the window in my room, and all i could see was this ambulance screaching around the same roundabout about 6 times!! - then up to the next roundabout, round that another 6 times, and then back....so we were, quite literally going round in circles! :p:

(Original post by silkymouse1)
    Actually I doubt he'll be there this year. He's graduated now and is a vet at my vets surgery.
    Ah yea, true true! At your local vets!? :eek: spooky! Talk of the devil! :rolleyes: Well good luck to him. I hope thats me in a few years!

(Original post by silkymouse1)
    What ambulance ride? I can't remember one- I couldn't have been that tired could I?!
    I think there actually were some ppl who werent woken up - i was quite envious :p: ... trust me, u would have remembered ThE AmBuLaNcE RiDe!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.