Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going out to a place near Marbella for 2weeks and am planning to meet up with a uni mate and his friends out there and they've suggested we go out in the town one night :cool: . Sounds like a great idea, but I know the area's pretty posh and 'cool' with lots of rich people, so I was wondering how 'classy' the dress code is? Usuaully at home I just wear strappy top and either a short skirt or jeans....would that be ok out there or do people make more of an effort? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    I'm going out to a place near Marbella for 2weeks and am planning to meet up with a uni mate and his friends out there and they've suggested we go out in the town one night :cool: . Sounds like a great idea, but I know the area's pretty posh and 'cool' with lots of rich people, so I was wondering how 'classy' the dress code is? Usuaully at home I just wear strappy top and either a short skirt or jeans....would that be ok out there or do people make more of an effort? Thanks
    IMO the best club in marbella is the Cafe del Mar set on the beachside although there ARE a couple more and two clubs in Puerto Banus. "Smart Casual" is the norm.......jeans are a no-no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodhisattva)
    IMO the best club in marbella is the Cafe del Mar set on the beachside although there ARE a couple more and two clubs in Puerto Banus. "Smart Casual" is the norm.......jeans are a no-no.
    Cool thanks! I don't know where we're heading yet (he's been out before and knows the area better than me...I've only stayed near Marbella once before). Wasn't planning on jeans as it was so hot, but smart-casual helps a lot! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Puerto Banus tends to be the place to go, it has a much better night life IMO, although it's down tio personal tastes I suppose. Whereabouts are you staying?

ReputationRep:
    Near Elviria. My mate's near Torre Real though.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.