Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi
    i was just wondering how difficult A2 biology is. i dont need it for my future course, but someone told me not 2 drop it. i understand everything but have a BIG problem applying my knowledge. is it worth continuing it?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    hi
    i was just wondering how difficult A2 biology is. i dont need it for my future course, but someone told me not 2 drop it. i understand everything but have a BIG problem applying my knowledge. is it worth continuing it?
    thanks
    If it helps, here are the topics you'll be looking at probably

A2

module 4 - central concepts ie, respiration, photosynthesis and populations. Genetics and genetic control. classification. selection and evolution. Homeostatis.

Module 5 - Growth, development and reproduction ie. Contorl of grwoth and development in plants and animals. Reproduction in animals

Module 6 Somekind of practical examination, maybe something on biochemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    If it helps, here are the topics you'll be looking at probably

A2

module 4 - central concepts ie, respiration, photosynthesis and populations. Genetics and genetic control. classification. selection and evolution. Homeostatis.

Module 5 - Growth, development and reproduction ie. Contorl of grwoth and development in plants and animals. Reproduction in animals

Module 6 Somekind of practical examination, maybe something on biochemistry.
    thanks- how different is it to AS??

ReputationRep:
    A2s aren't different from ASs - they are they same sort of material just a different content. I wouldn't worry about the application of knowledge side of things too much either - through doing lots of past papers you get loadssss of practice at this anyway. Also they make it pretty clear in questions about knowledge application exactly what it is they're looking for.
    A major piece of advice is, if your school offer the January module thing, make sure you actually do well in them! The modules in january (unit 4 usually) are mammoth in all subjects and the last thing you want to do is resit them in June.
    You said biology isn't related to the degree you want to do - this can be a good thing as showing diversity shows you are willing to do other things rather than being focused on just humanities or arts or something.
    Hmm I really enjoyed biology last 2 years. Might actually miss it lol.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 3, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.