A2 Biology AQA Watch

This discussion is closed.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
hi
i was just wondering how difficult A2 biology is. i dont need it for my future course, but someone told me not 2 drop it. i understand everything but have a BIG problem applying my knowledge. is it worth continuing it?
thanks
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
hi
i was just wondering how difficult A2 biology is. i dont need it for my future course, but someone told me not 2 drop it. i understand everything but have a BIG problem applying my knowledge. is it worth continuing it?
thanks
If it helps, here are the topics you'll be looking at probably

A2

module 4 - central concepts ie, respiration, photosynthesis and populations. Genetics and genetic control. classification. selection and evolution. Homeostatis.

Module 5 - Growth, development and reproduction ie. Contorl of grwoth and development in plants and animals. Reproduction in animals

Module 6 Somekind of practical examination, maybe something on biochemistry.
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Markus)
If it helps, here are the topics you'll be looking at probably

A2

module 4 - central concepts ie, respiration, photosynthesis and populations. Genetics and genetic control. classification. selection and evolution. Homeostatis.

Module 5 - Growth, development and reproduction ie. Contorl of grwoth and development in plants and animals. Reproduction in animals

Module 6 Somekind of practical examination, maybe something on biochemistry.
thanks- how different is it to AS??
corkskrew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
A2s aren't different from ASs - they are they same sort of material just a different content. I wouldn't worry about the application of knowledge side of things too much either - through doing lots of past papers you get loadssss of practice at this anyway. Also they make it pretty clear in questions about knowledge application exactly what it is they're looking for.
A major piece of advice is, if your school offer the January module thing, make sure you actually do well in them! The modules in january (unit 4 usually) are mammoth in all subjects and the last thing you want to do is resit them in June.
You said biology isn't related to the degree you want to do - this can be a good thing as showing diversity shows you are willing to do other things rather than being focused on just humanities or arts or something.
Hmm I really enjoyed biology last 2 years. Might actually miss it lol.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (49)
29.52%
No - I got the required grades (96)
57.83%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (21)
12.65%

Watched Threads