The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
lol our school are weird lol and practically everythin is core lol, the only things i dropped really was Geo,Art and spanish
mtbab
lol our school are weird lol and practically everythin is core lol, the only things i dropped really was Geo,Art and spanish

only thing core in my school was English, Maths, Science, Religion and a language.... xoxo
Reply 42
tammy_girl
only thing core in my school was English, Maths, Science, Religion and a language.... xoxo

Thank God that isnt the case anymore

We had to do a tech as well which sucked.
Reply 43
tammy_girl

What about P.E? In most schools, it is mandatory that students take it, in accordance with National Laws.
Whizz Kid
What about P.E? In most schools, it is mandatory that students take it, in accordance with National Laws.

lol yes PE but no one did it :rolleyes: but my school also does GCSE PE - i meant only core GCSE subjects - sowwy :frown: xoxo
Reply 45
Whizz Kid

Yeah we had to do crappy games on a friday :mad: wasnt called PE though, just games.
Markus
Thank God that isnt the case anymore

We had to do a tech as well which sucked.

lol well the langauge i done i only had to do it for an hour a week.....wasnt even a GCSE :biggrin: but i done business studies instead of a language xoxo
Reply 47
Markus
Yeah we had to do crappy games on a friday :mad: wasnt called PE though, just games.

We had this thing, half termly in year 10 and termly in year 11, called "<School name here> Run" (I won't say the name of the school, for obvious reasons). Basically what we had to do was run for 2 miles around our field. If anyone failled to do in under 12 minutes, they would have to repeat it after school.
Whizz Kid
We had this thing, half termly in year 10 and termly in year 11, called "<School name here> Run" (I won't say the name of the school, for obvious reasons). Basically what we had to do was run for 2 miles around our field. If anyone failled to do in under 12 minutes, they would have to repeat it after school.

I remember before a camogie match at school we had to run around the all-weather pitch which was about 2 mile for a warm up! but we never had to repeat it though.....but ****in hell I just woulda forged a note saying i couldnt do the run that day and come into school with trainers hehe :rolleyes: :wink: xoxo
Reply 49
Whizz Kid

lol we had to do that every week at games from the first week of yr seven, i dont thinkit was 2miles, but it was round three rugby pitches,football pitch and cricket area and if we were noisy we did it twice and you did it again on ya own if you were walking , it was here i properly learnt power walking not running but still keeping up with everyone too lol
Reply 50
the thing is, even if u only get 5% or something, when ur applying to uni or something, they will be sympathetic with lower grades if you tell them what happened right??

and they do just give out special consideration marks, a girl in my school got special consideration cos head of year offered it to her, even though the doctor couldnt find anything wrong with her.
grapefruit_girl
the thing is, even if u only get 5% or something, when ur applying to uni or something, they will be sympathetic with lower grades if you tell them what happened right??

and they do just give out special consideration marks, a girl in my school got special consideration cos head of year offered it to her, even though the doctor couldnt find anything wrong with her.

:eek: f***!!!! wish i could get that!!!! only person in my year to be awarded special consideration was a girl who was ina bad mood one day and smashed a pane of glass with her fist and cut her main artery in her wiritng hand - honestly i dont think she deserved special consideration because before that she never went to classes anyway and never done any coursework all was handed to her on a plate.....best thing is she wants to be a solictor - she wishes lol!!!! xoxo
hhahhahhahaaahha i got some of those characters at my school lmao

Latest