Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    Definatly my top clubs at the moment have to be Fabric (amazing d'n'b), Mass (abit small though), and Heaven! Oh and Chinawhite (if you can get in, i was on the VIP list mwaahaha!).
    Isn't it weird like we could have all met eachother before or even raved next to each other lol!!
    Isn't Heaven the gay nightclub? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrhartley)
    It's atrocious - its on Sundays for starters, during the day, you have to buy all your beer as you go in (so everyone over-buys) and generally involves getting girls on stage getting their tits out, and once, a friend (Aussie) went he said one bloke got up on stage, dropped his pants and started having a w&nk. and obviously its full of aussies, so its hugely uncooth.
    Well I enjoyed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viscount)
    you talking about the one by the Empire?
    The one next to empire is Equinox, if you get a promoter you can get into over 21s, that what a few of us did last night, went to Rococo, good for like old school tunes, but if its just a group of guys your going to struggle. Make sure EVERYONE has idea or otherwise your stuffed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_meiow)
    The one next to empire is Equinox, if you get a promoter you can get into over 21s, that what a few of us did last night, went to Rococo, good for like old school tunes, but if its just a group of guys your going to struggle. Make sure EVERYONE has idea or otherwise your stuffed.
    Haha equinox is SO funny! They actually let 14 year olds in there, and double VB is £12!

ReputationRep:
    What about circque? (used to be hippodrome) Not bad place.

ReputationRep:
    You're not allowed to advertise on this forum. Just thought I'd let you know 'cos I wouldn't want you to get in to any trouble.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't advertising, it's just an email I got and thought the peeps here might find it useful.

ReputationRep:
    but it's still advertising... :-)

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps do something more constructive and leave the mods to do their job...

If it's not OK, then the mods can remove it.

It's no skin off my nose - I'm just trying to help out. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Like I indicated before it doesn't bother me, but I wouldn't want you get in to any trouble. I was just being polite, no need to sound offended.

ReputationRep:
    lol chills bills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    The club itself boasts three bars, three dance floors across two stunning floors of some of London's most spacious and comfortable lounges which can be booked FREE of charge.
    That place is comfy lol, when you're feet start hurting too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esx77)
    you gotta pop to fabric (farringdon) on a friday nite
    can u come in if ur a 'normal' person and 18? just wondering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eriika)
    can u come in if ur a 'normal' person and 18? just wondering
    Yeah, if you can bear the queues. Take ID too... especially if you look younger than you are.

ReputationRep:
    Wax bar off Oxford Street is good value and a good night out.

I'm going to try the Gardening Club in Covent Garden on a monday night soon. Sounds great - its student night, free entry, happy hour til 10pm!

ReputationRep:
    Ok heres my opinions

Equinox is crap - avoid.

Only go to Fabric if you like DnB or go on non-DnB nights.

Chinawhites is quite good I guess, but not my kinda scene - might be worth checking out.

Haven't been to Heaven but I do know it's a gay club that supposedly has some awesome straight nights.

Turnmills (in Faringdon near Fabric) is a good night out if you are into your clubbing - definately recommend.

There's also a host of over places in and around Soho/Leicester Sq... I'd recommend Zoobar for mainstream dance tunes and theres a bit of cheese upstairs too if thats what floats your boat.

If you are more into rock then you should probably head down to Camden, Kokos has some good nights - often with guest performers yet only £3 entry with NUS and cheap drinks compared to all the above.

To be honest it really depends on what you are into and what your budget is - although for most its definately a good idea to have a few drinks before you get there (a round in Fabric cost me well over £50 once!)

ReputationRep:
    I like fabric (www.fabriclondon.com) for a good old rave feel, hiphop nights better than drum and bass on fridays, house on saturdays. I try to avoid Leciester Sq and such as its just full of tourists and has hugely inflated prices, I prefer going to a late bar in wimbledon village or something. Cafe De Paris is supposed to be cool (http://www.cafedeparis.com/) thought I haven't been yet.

ReputationRep:
    I'd second that about Equinox. Every time I've walked past it the police are shaking down half the people from the clubs - they have in the past had a lot of problems with knives / guns there, and its crap anyway as its Leicester Square - and no one goes out in Leicester Square unless they are a tourist.

To my mind, get a tube to Old Street, do some of the bars around there and then have a look at the clubs that are nearby - if you want to wander to Fabric from there its not too far, but I think its again touristy and they put more than their limit in there, so sometimes you can scarely move in there. 333 is OK, Herbal can be good. Lots of interesting places along Curtain Road, Shoreditch High Street. 93 feet east on Brick Lane is decent - I've also still got fond memories of Ministry near the Elephant & Castle - I know its not in vogue, but if you've got some decent DJs playing I think the dancefloor at ministry knocks Fabric's vibrating effort into a cocked hat.

Cafe de Paris is amusing in a kind of cheesy way, but its definitely not cool.

ReputationRep:
    The Gardening Club in Covent Garden is good. It's under the Rock Garden restaurant. Don't go on a Saturday night as it's over 21 (not that it stopped me!) and go before 9pm so you can stock up on pitchers before happy hour ends. After that the cocktails are ridiculously expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if you can bear the queues. Take ID too... especially if you look younger than you are.
    it's true the queues are horrible, sometimes you'll have to stand 2hrs of getting stamped on! Hmm i've found that their quite relaxed about ID i'm 16 yet i am the shortest of my friends and have a face like a 12yr old!
    Oh yea heaven is a gay club, but it's soo much fun, especially the oiled up men in thongs lol

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.