Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eriika)
    nope at warwick street in piccadilly circus. anyone been there?
    That's *just* a bar. It's nice though - been there a few times.

ReputationRep:
    3 best clubs in London (in no particular order)

1. Cafe de Paris

2. Tantra

3. Funky Buddha

Dont let any1 tell u any different

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jrhartley)
    round shoreditch there are loads - 333, herbal, jaguar shoes is funny if you enjoy laughing at shoreditch ***** with hoxton fins, 93 feet east on brick lane is always reliable, downstairs @ the Great Eastern.
    aha yes, forgot the old street area places. I DJed at herbal once, very nice it was too. As you say, that area full of meedja types etc tho

I suppose a factor that you havnt specified is whether or not you wanna take drugs... id say some places are better for that than others.

ReputationRep:
    well if youre around on the 17th, The Cartoon club is the place for you...
    (cause im playing thewre that evenig)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theicon)
    3 best clubs in London (in no particular order)

1. Cafe de Paris

2. Tantra

3. Funky Buddha

Dont let any1 tell u any different
    Mate that is utter rubbish, so is most of the stuff on chinawhite.

Cafe de Paris is alright at times, but no way the best in the city.

tantra
    I was at tantra every saturday, from spetember last year uptil they hosted Mariah Careys birthday party, since that night the club went downhill, NOONE goes there anymore except old men. I definetly recommend the tantra experience though, but only if you get a VIP table in the white area, cause the rest of the club sucks.

funky buddha
    - full of essex types, and trash, used to be exclusive back in the day, but not anymore.

Now the best:

Mo*Vida - Just opened, ive been two times, once my table was next to mischa bartons, the other time next to victoria sylverst and paris hilton, but beware eveery social climber is standing outside to get in (something like chinawhite when it was hot) and its near impossible to get in, table or without table, cause of the utter mess, no on e knows whats going on, but its seriously amazing in there, amazing atmosphere.

Boujis / tramp - much more classier than any of the other clubs, always meet someone famous, but very hard to get in, ive been turned away with a table, best way of getting in, is to be a member, also i recommend boujis only weekdays.

Aura- this place seriously rocks, its like tantra crowd - without the sleaze, and amazing atmosphere, can get WAY TO cramped tho.

Umbaba - just opened was getting a real good crowd, but since movida opened its empty.

chinawhite - sleaze, essex girls, not even cool, fake celebs like girls aloud, i hate the place its uber bad

btw i do recommend going with a table otherwise its much harder to get in, min spend is usually 500 sometimes 1 0 00 at aura - or the white area in tantra, or movida non-lounge, but ull get away with spending much less
    And less prestigious clubbing but still amazing fun:

everyone must get the fabric experience once- but everyone seems to be on E, and one night is enough.

pre-clubbing

the kingly club or the collection bar i recommend the latter

after clubbing:

lequipe/ paragon lounge, open till about 6-8 some nights, and good if ure still up for it seeing as tantra etc all close at 4.

if anyone wants to doubt anything then im for it, especially chinawhite social climbers and the idiot who said tantra- funky - and cafe are the best, oh and PLEASE stay away from equinox type places - full of chavs and tourists, no atmosphere at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    Really? when I went to the GC, it was full of tables and chairs where people sat and drank cocktails! (I did go during happy hour :p:)

You know you can buy tickets to Phase (and possibly Crush) online, to avoid turning up on the door and them being sold out?
    Just came across this thread again!

Anyway, at GC, the tables and chairs are taken away later on in the evening and the dance floor opened up for everyone to party!

As for Phase and Crush, might be worth another try.

And on the topic of London clubs, where are all you A/AS Levelers heading tonight if you're in London?

ReputationRep:
    ooh I might have to stay longer at GC in the future!

I always thought tonight was the worst night for underage students to go out clubbing - surely all the bouncers are extra tight on ID on results day night...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    ooh I might have to stay longer at GC in the future!

I always thought tonight was the worst night for underage students to go out clubbing - surely all the bouncers are extra tight on ID on results day night...
    Well A2 students are fine - they are 18!

AS students might have to be extra flirtatious with the bouncers! :p: (Boys, you can do it too if you want! )

But I think security should still be okay - there are loads of promoters who just want to get more people in there, so will get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    Well A2 students are fine - they are 18!

AS students might have to be extra flirtatious with the bouncers! :p: (Boys, you can do it too if you want! )

But I think security should still be okay - there are loads of promoters who just want to get more people in there, so will get in.
    who knows, those burly bouncers may like young frisky men

damn, i wish i was out in London tonight... haven't gone out for ages!

Stuck in boring old home, with it's 5 clubs

ReputationRep:
    go to crwash- gt naked- get coverd in foam- it makes everyone smell good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by durhamlad1)
    absolutely nowhere, try livepool, dublin, manchester, newcastle for guaranteed more fun nights out.
    What a crock of *****. I ask, have you actually been to a club in London? The clubs in London are excellent and I've been clubbing in tonnes of cities both home and abroad.

Can't belieive only one person's mentioned the Ministry of Sound. They still have seriously good nights going on - recently went to see Deep Dish, and Superchumbo DJ and both were excellent nights. I would recommend going to the more "bigger" events there though. And if you're lucky enough to even get on the concession guest-list, you still get fast entry, no searching, and entry to the VIP lounge.

Zoo isn't a bad place either, bit cheesy upstairs but they play some good techno/house downstairs. Not sure about the student thing as when I went my mate got in fine and he wasn't a student.

Rouge Club is *ok* too (near Tottenham Court Road). Music is, from what I can remember, funky-house on Saturday nights but be warned, the room is tiny. There are bigger rooms there but not to my liking (RnB, Hip Hop [email protected] etc..)

Fabric is a good club too - such awesome music. Not the prettiest of clubs though - used to be a meat celler years ago - and it can get unbelievably hot in there at times.

I'm too lazy to type about anymore places

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.