Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Been looking at CV tips and there are so many kinds of CV layouts :eek:
    To those who have a job in retail, of course your CV must have been succesful, so could you please tell me the layout of your CV, including the order of headings and which text style/size is the best to use.

Thanks

Love BlueAngel xxx

ReputationRep:
    my cv is crappyyyyyy, i need help so bad,

edit: and this si no help to you

ReputationRep:
    I did mine last week chose Size 12, times new roman. put your name at top, centre aligned, bold, size 14 font, then below your address, centre aligned.
    Then I put date of birth(heading in bold, then D.O.B next to it) I wrote EDUCATION in capitals, and bold, school name, years attended, most recent qualifications, then any older ones below. Then WORK EXPERIANCE in capitals, write where, wwhen, responsibilities. Then INTERESTS, then whether you have a driving license, then REFEREES(from school and work). Thats all, and I got it checked by connexions woman who said it looked good! Hope that helps. YOU MIGHT WANT TO PUT WORK EXPERIANCE BEFORE EDUCATION IF ITS PART TIME WORK, THAT MIGHT BE MORE IMPORTANT!

ReputationRep:
    The attached could help - this is my general CV, I also have one based towards music (with general interests aswell) and history, one black, one dark blye, one dark red - if you want to see the other two shout - hope this helps (sorry I blurred out someinfo on it)

EDIT: If you have questions about it like fonts etc. just ask
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    The attached could help - this is my general CV, I also have one based towards music (with general interests aswell) and history, one black, one dark blye, one dark red - if you want to see the other two shout - hope this helps (sorry I blurred out someinfo on it)

EDIT: If you have questions about it like fonts etc. just ask
    yours looks really good

ReputationRep:
    <edited>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    yours looks really good
    well I did partly cheat and use one of the wizards on Word nd then adapt that because I only liked the heading!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historyhoney)
    well I did partly cheat and use one of the wizards on Word nd then adapt that because I only liked the heading!
    How to....
    Double-click Résumé Wizard.
    If you do not see this wizard in the Templates dialog box, you might need to install it.

Follow the steps in the wizard.

I've attatched my cv, got me my job with this layout and the guy at connexions said it looked very professional.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc CV Edited.doc (46.0 KB, 193 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma155)
    I did mine last week chose Size 12, times new roman. put your name at top, centre aligned, bold, size 14 font, then below your address, centre aligned.
    Then I put date of birth(heading in bold, then D.O.B next to it) I wrote EDUCATION in capitals, and bold, school name, years attended, most recent qualifications, then any older ones below. Then WORK EXPERIANCE in capitals, write where, wwhen, responsibilities. Then INTERESTS, then whether you have a driving license, then REFEREES(from school and work). Thats all, and I got it checked by connexions woman who said it looked good! Hope that helps. YOU MIGHT WANT TO PUT WORK EXPERIANCE BEFORE EDUCATION IF ITS PART TIME WORK, THAT MIGHT BE MORE IMPORTANT!
    That's something I need to add, thanks

(Well I actually don't have a full license lol, but I have passed the theory test and own my own car.

ReputationRep:
    This guy posted his CV in another thread, very nice

http://www.chrispaterson.co.uk/cv.pdf

mine is:

http://www.ydt-clan.co.uk/kizcv.pdf

ReputationRep:
    woah :eek: all your CV's are sooo good. GG I hope this thread helped you too.
    Thanks everyone, I see that all of you used very similar layouts, and that has really helped me, cheers!!!

:tsr:

ReputationRep:
    No wonder I haven't got any call backs yet. My CV looks like crap compared to all the ones posted. Oh,well , back to the drawing board.

ReputationRep:
    hey kizdesai can you tell me what type of font style did u use for the cv
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miles)
    You can see the layout of mine, I've edited most of it our for privacy though
    Miles yours is very professional, I am going to have to plagiarise it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hussain)
    hey kizdesai can you tell me what type of font style did u use for the cv
    cheers
    Garamond (keeps one eye open for plagiarism), nah I'm just kidding, my CV is just a template i found on word which I've customised and tampered with

ReputationRep:
    i havent got word on my computer.. is there any way i can do one? we have notepad but its very basic :s:

edit: oh wait we have microsoft works, will that do?

im sending my cv to an agency for an IT job lmao i know it sounds bad but i did 2 years of IT at college and business English level 2 so i should be ok :confused:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.