Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mine are green and I like blue.

ReputationRep:
    I m brown eye coloured , and hazel attracts me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryGarcia)
    ok, I have my own theory which I am going to provehopefully in Oxford Uni, but u guys must help me, just answer the questions in the poll I will let you know later about my suggestion

What's your theory? Have you checked it hasn't already been proven...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponjavic)
    Also it is not actually chromosomes that define the eye colour. It is genes. I also think blue eyes were the recessive gene not quite sure I am certain any biologist can take you through this quite easily.
    Eye colour is polygenic, so it's not a case of simple dominant/recessive trait analysis. Having said that brown does *usually* dominate blue, but eye colour demonstrates 'penetrance' - almost like being 'leaky'.

(Original post by ponjavic)
    Before making such a project out of this you really need to do a lot more research. You should have easily been able to find, on the net, how eye colour is defined and such. This should have been done before writing this piece and questioning people as you might very well be wasting your time. However it is good that you have an interest in this.
    Totally agree - also research on this has been done to death [to the poll creator - check out pubmed and run a search on the subject]. Basing your data set on an internet forum is dangerous to, as you're preselecting a fairly specific demographic, and you do not ask for any race or cultural information. I'm guessing the majority of Asians are brown eyed, and will probably select 'brown' eyes as their preference, but you've made no effort to identfy sub-sets in your data.

You also need to include some kind of statisitical analysis, which will include identifying the proportions of different eye colours in the general population, as well as defining terms as suggested by ponjavic.

There are a number of books (almost posted 'good books', but that would probably be a lie!) on how to conduct research, which may be a good starting point for you to work from.

ReputationRep:
    Fluffy is teh shiznit

ReputationRep:
    Green cus I've just taken a liking to green - and it's rare as well as striking.

Although if the option was there I'd have voted for Green AND Blue. Blue eyes are really nice. Clear, deep blue eyes. Or hazy/clear green.

Although I don't notice eyes much. Funnily enough it's the nose I notice most

ReputationRep:
    light brown.

yummy. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Come on the blue!

ReputationRep:
    i have dark brown eyes, and i like dark brown eyes...!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.