Turn on thread page Beta

I'm too sensitive.. or people are just getting to me watch

ReputationRep:
    jayjayjay- yeah alcohol doesn't really make me more down though, well it probably should anyway. I guess you weren't blaming me, but some blame has to lie with me.

joecool_lemming and jayjayjay- yep well this is me, in reality i'm quieter and as i kinda implied in my first post. At my school i'm considered quite clever (i got to a rubbish school) and I'm also not too bad looking so people probably think, i think i'm better than them. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oilcan)
    This is what really pisses me off about Western Society and especially Western Youth; they don't appreciate all the good things they have in their life, they take everything for granted, they never count their blessings. They concentrate on the small, trivial issues and augment them in to something they're not.
    That, my friend, is a sweeping generalisation and in extremely bad taste imo. What may seem "trivial" to one, may be a "mountain" to another, although I WILL grant you that people such as you describe DO exist, and NOT ONLY IN WESTERN societies either.
    And that's a FACT - whether you "give a toss" or not.

ReputationRep:
    Sucky, isn't it? I had my 6th form induction on weds till fri, and only started to make friends on the last day. I hope no-one thought I was rude... And it's weird, coz I'm always the one to ask strangers for directions etc - but if it comes down to holding a conversation, I just can't do it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm sorry that because "not everyone is treating me like a Goddess I have the right to consider suicide" doesn't wash with me. :rolleyes:
    well if it doesn't "wash with you". I'd appreciate it if you didn't reply to my thread any longer. (or at all)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    jayjayjay- yeah alcohol doesn't really make me more down though, well it probably should anyway. I guess you weren't blaming me, but some blame has to lie with me.

joecool_lemming and jayjayjay- yep well this is me, in reality i'm quieter and as i kinda implied in my first post. At my school i'm considered quite clever (i got to a rubbish school) and I'm also not too bad looking so people probably think, i think i'm better than them. :confused:
    Heyheyheya...My school is terrible and I'm not exactly stupid either. I am one of the quiet ones but that is how I choose to be, I think similarly to you people do see me as arrogant and even a 'know it all'...That you have put down to jealousy of sorts.

But there is nothing wrong with you =0) You be you. be yourself. Do what makes you happy, you are not hurting anyone and it is not wrong.

Being different or breaking away from the norm and so called friends is never a crime

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm sorry that because "not everyone is treating me like a Goddess I have the right to consider " doesn't wash with me. :rolleyes:
    It is not about being better than others but treated fairly, with respect. I think everyone deserves that - regardless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayjayjay)
    Heyheyheya...My school is terrible and I'm not exactly stupid either. I am one of the quiet ones but that is how I choose to be, I think similarly to you people do see me as arrogant and even a 'know it all'...That you have put down to jealousy of sorts.

But there is nothing wrong with you =0) You be you. be yourself. Do what makes you happy, you are not hurting anyone and it is not wrong.

Being different or breaking away from the norm and so called friends is never a crime
    you and joecool_lemming sound so similar to me.

Thanks for your v good advice

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm sorry that because "not everyone is treating me like a Goddess I have the right to consider suicide" doesn't wash with me. :rolleyes:
    Fair enough - but think on this - don't you think sometimes that people say something - then five minutes later they look at it and think "why the hell did I say THAT?" All I'm suggesting is maybe give the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. I'll say one thing - and I'm not attempting to patronise you here - in a lot of cases you may well be right - personally in this case I don't think you are - hey - but healthy disagreement? Good for the soul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent p......?)
    This is probably a problem only girls get.
    Oh like hell it is. Girls get it more, but guys definitely definitely get it too.

It's a form of bullying and I'm really sorry it's happened to you. I had similar problems with the form group I was stuck in and ended up spending the best part of 3 years in solitude, because I realised I didn't like them.

You have to be true to yourself. In time they will grow up, and you will find nice people who aren't like that - they do exist! Try not to feel pressurised into being like them, it won't be worth it.

Your family you should talk to. Perhaps take one parent aside and explain exactly why you're so down. Or, if you're not so good at talking then write it down. If you explain in a reasonable way why you feel the way you do they might just make an effort to include you.. I really hope so anyway.

Not much longer till you're on to more exciting things, like moving out Time will fly..

*hugs*

ReputationRep:
    you and joecool_lemming sound so similar to me.

Thanks for your v good advice
    Very welcome. I hope it helps and that you may have a more pleasurable time at school - well sixth form!

ReputationRep:
    well if it doesn't "wash with you". I'd appreciate it if you didn't reply to my thread any longer. (or at all)
    It is not your thread. You do not own our thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spin)
    Oh like hell it is. Girls get it more, but guys definitely definitely get it too.

It's a form of bullying and I'm really sorry it's happened to you. I had similar problems with the form group I was stuck in and ended up spending the best part of 3 years in solitude, because I realised I didn't like them.

You have to be true to yourself. In time they will grow up, and you will find nice people who aren't like that - they do exist! Try not to feel pressurised into being like them, it won't be worth it.

Your family you should talk to. Perhaps take one parent aside and explain exactly why you're so down. Or, if you're not so good at talking then write it down. If you explain in a reasonable way why you feel the way you do they might just make an effort to include you.. I really hope so anyway.

Not much longer till you're on to more exciting things, like moving out Time will fly..

*hugs*
    Yep i just have to survive another year probably just like how it is now. I just fear it won't get better, I mean I've been properly bullied before (a couple of years ago) and i thought my current 'friends' were nice. And also my mum said before it must have been my fault people picked on me.
    I'm going to have to tell my mum to be a bit nicer to me, but shes got her own life and yelling at me is all too easy for her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    It is not your thread. You do not own our thoughts.
    its an expression i've seen before, not literal.

ReputationRep:
    A while ago I was kinda the same,and maybe I'm still am,worrying too much about people liking you or not,actully you become too worried that they will hate you so that you dont focus on being you,that makes you kinda nervous and sends a negative vibs to people around you,I suggest you forget about others and focus on wjhat you want and what behaviours you find acceptable wether your friends liked that or not,after all you'll meet new people and teenagers tends to be annoying and extreamly unnecessary loud.about your family maybe they didn't mean to leave you out,sometimes my family or mom does the same they think I didn't wanna go.so try to focus on other stuff in your life other than thinking what people's opinion is.plus don't forget your a people too you like and hate people,it's not always about them

ReputationRep:
    Saffie, first I need to say one thing. You are you, and you cannot (and should not) want to change that. You are fantasitc. It seems to me that you need to find some more friends. This might seem difficult at school/college but I can see you're talking about A2's so you only have this last year to get thru (and seeing as you've got through so far don't give up) then if you decide to go to Uni or work, you have the chance to make better friends. I know how you feel tho, I went to a college as soon as I finished GCSE's and most the people there were truly awful and put me down all the time. At the time I thought it was me being too sensitive or just me being wrong, but I let them win and resigned myself to the fact that I was useless. Then I decided to start a new college the year after and when I started the new college and everyone was nicer, I realised that it wasn't me. Then when I started Uni I made some even greater friends and that confirmed it for me. What I'm saying is don't let these people spoil your future, I did for a year, so consequently am a year behind everyone else, but you seem to be coping with this at the moment. Stick in at college for a further year (or even 9 months Sept-June) and when you get you're fantastic A2 results, you'll realise it was worth it.

In the mean time, I know it's hard but try not to take too much notice of these people, you are much better than them. You will succeed in what you want to do and you will be much happier soon. You can do this, and if you need to speak to anyone at any time, I'm here, just PM me, honest

Good luck hunny, you will get by ok

ReputationRep:
    its an expression i've seen before, not literal.
    Please don't use it, it ****ing annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    you become too worried that they will hate you so that you dont focus on being you,that makes you kinda nervous and sends a negative vibs to people around you,I suggest you forget about others and focus on wjhat you want and what behaviours you find acceptable wether your friends liked that or not
    yeah when i care about others opinions it makes me quieter. Maybe my family didn't mean to leave me out today but my mum always has a go for being miserable. I would've thought it was obvious yelling at me wouldn't help that?!

*gemchicken*- i was vaguely considering changing schools but i'm used to my teachers and need them to write references. And i can just imagine it being just as, if not worse than how it is atm. I reaaallly hope I do get much happier soon like you seem to have =/

ReputationRep:

*gemchicken*- i was vaguely considering changing schools but i'm used to my teachers and need them to write references. And i can just imagine it being just as, if not worse than how it is atm. I reaaallly hope I do get much happier soon like you seem to have =/
    Sweetheart I didn't mean you change schools! What I meant was, well my school went from yr 7 - 11 so if you decided to go to college you HAD to change, and my first pick of college was hideous so I decided to change and the 2nd college I chose was much better. Then when I started Uni people were great What I mean is if you can just hold on til you finish school (or A2's) then when you start Uni or Work, you will see people really aren't as small minded and are much friendlier, and you will see that you are in fact fab! Please don't let these people at school now dent your confidence, you need to tell yourself that it's them with the problem, and not you. Honest hunny, these people aren't worth getting upset about. You will see that in a couple of year time I swear to you. If you can just concentrate on getting through your final year and gaining as good as results as you can you'll be so much better from then on Please don't let them spoil your future, they're not worth it. Like I said before, if you need me just call! I'll be here to listen

ReputationRep:
    You're over-analysing and looking at everything in a negative light. Of course if you died people would notice. And people would cry. Maybe they didn't take you with them wherever they were going (I doubt they were having fun) and left you to have a chat with your nan. She's an elderly relative and you could have took the time to get to know her you know.

Get some therapy or somethin if you're really bothered. Best thing to do though is change your negative thinking it does you no good. If you want to know why your parents didnt take you with them and left you at the picnic ask them. Unless you're a mind reader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by * gemchicken *)
    Sweetheart I didn't mean you change schools! What I meant was, well my school went from yr 7 - 11 so if you decided to go to college you HAD to change, and my first pick of college was hideous so I decided to change and the 2nd college I chose was much better. Then when I started Uni people were great What I mean is if you can just hold on til you finish school (or A2's) then when you start Uni or Work, you will see people really aren't as small minded and are much friendlier, and you will see that you are in fact fab! Please don't let these people at school now dent your confidence, you need to tell yourself that it's them with the problem, and not you. Honest hunny, these people aren't worth getting upset about. You will see that in a couple of year time I swear to you. If you can just concentrate on getting through your final year and gaining as good as results as you can you'll be so much better from then on Please don't let them spoil your future, they're not worth it. Like I said before, if you need me just call! I'll be here to listen
    Thanks for being here and i might just take you up on calling you (though right now i need sleep). I'd never thought it was *them* with the problem not me :cool:. Ah, now that's a good mindset. Thanks for the hope.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2005
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.