Turn on thread page Beta

I'm too sensitive.. or people are just getting to me watch

ReputationRep:
    (as i learnt today one word replies aren't spam this is a short post )
    Thanks a lot, when i reported him last night i got 'border-line but deleted' on the report and now he has 12 warning points. Wohoo, justice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oilcan)
    Follow the crowd? LMAO. That'd be you constable.
    You display your sheer ignorance when you talk about "following the crowd"; I'm the only one who isn't giving Saffie support and sympathy because surprise, surprise that doesn't happen in the real world.

However, if you want to live in your coccoon of naivety and ignorance then be my guest. Just don't come running to realists like me when it is blown to pieces by bullets or bombs.
    Buddy, you're the only one not giving Saffie any support and sympathy because YOU'RE the attention-seeking one by the very nature of your posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    Its simple oilcan. Just because there are horrors in the world, it doesn't mean we should stop our lives, and bemoan how awful it is there. Yes we should be grateful for what we have but it is human nature to want a better life, to want more than we have now, be that friends, money, love.
    The man in india scraping a living together begging desperately wants more and complains, but is still grateful he isnt in a refugee camp in sudan dodging death.
    What about refugees in Sudan though? :rolleyes:

The sad thing is I'm obviously telling some truth which you can't accept and I'm obviously hitting you where it hurts otherwise you wouldn't be giving me a load of points.

Go ahead and ban me. You're just proving my point and playing in to my hands.

ReputationRep:
    indeed there are many worse things happening in the world, starvation, genocide, murders, rapes etc. but does thinking bout all this make u feel better about urself? do u think "thank god im not a refugee in sudan/a murder victim"?? For some bizzare reason coupled with experiencing the effects on a friend of rape, i cant help but wish i could do something useful to help such people!! The key reason i wanted to be a cop, and now want to be a doctor - what do u want to be? prosecution lawyers can be quite heartless sometimes...

What about refugees in Sudan though? :rolleyes:

The sad thing is I'm obviously telling some truth which you can't accept and I'm obviously hitting you where it hurts otherwise you wouldn't be giving me a load of points.

Go ahead and ban me. You're just proving my point and playing in to my hands.
    If you want a debate as to whether the lowest of low men have some sort of moral high ground because they have everything to complain about then go present that view in D&D - not here.

IF you want to put your point across, do so civilly in D&D/more appropriate forums.

If (or when it seems) we kick you, you'll be forgotten quicker than a mouse fart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    If you want a debate as to whether the lowest of low men have some sort of moral high ground because they have everything to complain about then go present that view in D&D - not here.

IF you want to put your point across, do so civilly in D&D/more appropriate forums.

If (or when it seems) we kick you, you'll be forgotten quicker than a mouse fart.
    however pungent the fart

but ANYway, perhaps we can draw the slander match to an end now?

ReputationRep:
    Drop the pretence, oilcan.......we all KNOW you're a big softie in real life.

ReputationRep:
    Ummmmm so what's Saffie decided to do???

ReputationRep:
    "we" and "I" are two VERY different terms

ReputationRep:
    Do we really care what "Saffie" has decided to do?
    I do, that's why I'm asking.

ReputationRep:
    I'll try and talk to my psychology teacher, even though she's got her own idea of how I'm really clever (psych's a piece of cake) That might be hard, she's lovely but she's so happy and I'm not sure she could relate. Unfortunately she's leaving and so i have 2 weeks left with her.
    I don't think I can talk about this with my friends, anymore than I already have with a couple.
    Family- I'll tell my mother I'm not very happy at the moment and I don't need her yelling at me, telling me that which I already know.
    I'll probably talk to some TSR-ians on msn too.

ReputationRep:
    Do "we"?

Or is this the 7 stages of pwnage taking over?

:rolleyes:
    urban crapspeak - at least you know how to use google.

ReputationRep:
    Your "depression" quickly diminished.
    could u have taken that out of context much more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    I'll try and talk to my psychology teacher, even though she's got her own idea of how I'm really clever (psych's a piece of cake) That might be hard, she's lovely but she's so happy and I'm not sure she could relate. Unfortunately she's leaving and so i have 2 weeks left with her.
    I don't think I can talk about this with my friends, anymore than I already have with a couple.
    Family- I'll tell my mother I'm not very happy at the moment and I don't need her yelling at me, telling me that which I already know.
    Good good that's the way forward. Wishing you all the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoVet)
    indeed, it will all fall together eventually for u

ReputationRep:
    Hope you have sorted it out with your family

ReputationRep:
    thank you for what you wrote before btw,
    guess what you need to do is realise that your happiness doesn't rely on other people. Do stuff that you enjoy. Be your own best friend. I guess you have two options here: Carry on hanging out with your mates but don't expect too much from them. Be prepared they'll be insensitive to your feelings. Don't take what they say too seriously. Or maybe you should just stop hanging out with them altogether if that makes you feel so bad. I can't tell you what to do coz I don't know your friends and how you are feeling, only you can make your mind up.
    That makes a lot of sence, I shouldn't rely on other people to make me happy, I don't really know why I'm so bothered by what other people think. :confused: But for some reason I am. gah.

ReputationRep:
    thank you for what you wrote before btw,
    That makes a lot of sence, I shouldn't rely on other people to make me happy, I don't really know why I'm so bothered by what other people think. :confused: But for some reason I am. gah.
    You are welcome

We all worry about how other people see us to some extent. It only becomes a problem when you worry too much about it (i.e. that it's making your life miserable and you can't get those thoughts out of your head). One thing I've learnt fairly recently is that even though you might not be able to change your circumstances, you *can* change how you react to them and how you look at them (the glass is half full / half empty). And it's not an easy thing to do so don't feel bad about being able to do that just yet. It requires a lot of effort and therapy / talking to others about your problem will hopefully help you achieve this

ReputationRep:
    Good plan hunnee, hope it all goes well kepp me posted :hugs:

ReputationRep:

hey!!
    glad to see things are slowly sorting themselves out 4 you!!
    keep smiling, and if u ever need to tlk im here...and so is everyone else!!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2005
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.