Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i was reading an article in a tabloid today and it made me reflect a bit on society..... it was about a lapdancer earning £500 PER night(on a good night) but JESUS what does the lapdancer do for the economy? NOTHING. What does it do for the country? NOTHING What does it do for guys? MAKES them horny.... what does it do for her? MAKEs her a ......
    does anyone really have respect for people such as lapdancers, people like abi tittmuss? rebecca loos?? they shouldn't even be getting paid what they do IMO. kids shouldn't be asking for their autographs.
    newsreaders, actors, footballers all have skills.... but not people like ABI TITMUS.
    perhaps i'm being a bit judgemental and stereotypical, but blimey....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tastybread)
    i was reading an article in a tabloid today and it made me reflect a bit on society..... it was about a lapdancer earning £500 PER night(on a good night) but JESUS what does the lapdancer do for the economy? NOTHING. What does it do for the country? NOTHING What does it do for guys? MAKES them horny.... what does it do for her? MAKEs her a ......
    does anyone really have respect for people such as lapdancers, people like abi tittmuss? rebecca loos?? they shouldn't even be getting paid what they do IMO. kids shouldn't be asking for their autographs.
    newsreaders, actors, footballers all have skills.... but not people like ABI TITMUS.
    perhaps i'm being a bit judgemental and stereotypical, but blimey....
    people who are lap dancers or exotic dancers do it cos they want to. or some might only do it cos its a easy way of making money, not all of them are ****s slappers or *****s. it pisses me off when people are like this!

ReputationRep:
    In a capitalist economy people are paid because the offer a desired servicenot because they are respectable. As a guy I'm tired of men always being seen as the predators here; at £500 a go, I hardly think its exploitation.

ReputationRep:
    I agree - Abi Titmuss and Rebecca Loos are rubbish. But many women who do these "degrading" jobs either: a) dont find them degrading, or b) need to in order to get desperately needed money.

ReputationRep:
    £500 a night eh...i want to be a lapdancer now... a few nights' work would get me out of debt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    £500 a night eh...i want to be a lapdancer now... a few nights' work would get me out of debt.
    if you've got the looks and body, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    if you've got the looks and body, go for it!
    i so would...my boyfriend would either really hate it or really love it... but i'm terrified someone i know would see me. i don't have the body right now (thank you exam stress) but i will have soon, and without sounding arrogant, i have the looks. i'd probably wear the same as when i go to a normal club anyway :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ..........me too...........do they HAVE male lapdancers??

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how being a stripper's degrading. I'd do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodhisattva)
    ..........me too...........do they HAVE male lapdancers??
    haha that's what I was thinking...... I reckon we could sell ourselves to some older women for some $$$

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    I don't see how being a stripper's degrading. I'd do it.
    then do it?

ReputationRep:
    i dont think it's degrading in any way, because firstly you're choosing to take your clothes off, secondly you're charging the idiot men money to watch it, and thirdly it's damn better than dancing in a club where the men actually touch you (eww).

ReputationRep:
    then do it?
    I would if I needed the money. Can you explain why it makes the girl a wh*re? Or whatever word you were going to say in your post? And indirectly, it does benefit the economy, because the money that woman earns gets spent on subsequent goods/services

ReputationRep:
    the money that woman earns gets spent on subsequent goods/services
    shoes

ReputationRep:
    JESUS what does the lapdancer do for the economy?
    Pays taxes, I presume.

ReputationRep:
    I would if I needed the money. Can you explain why it makes the girl a wh*re? Or whatever word you were going to say in your post? And indirectly, it does benefit the economy, because the money that woman earns gets spent on subsequent goods/services
    i've read some of your posts... you innuendo everything. enough said on that case. :p:

yeah, gets spent on them.

ReputationRep:
    If a man is sad enough to pay it then fair play to the women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unpossible)
    Pays taxes, I presume.
    hahaha nice answer.

ReputationRep:
    i've read some of your posts... you innuendo everything. enough said on that case. :p:
    Um, I don't see how that answers my question at all.

ReputationRep:
    Um, I don't see how that answers my question at all.
    it does, indirectly; think about it

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.