better chess than poker.
i hate that some of my friends are obsessed with poker :frown:
Reply 41
viscount
better chess than poker.
i hate that some of my friends are obsessed with poker :frown:

I hate poke her :wink:
ChrisH2107
I don't think chess is a 'cool' hobby to have, it just doesn't have that stigma. But i enjoy playing it, and normally find that its people who can't play it who criticise it.

I hate chess, it's too slow and boring.... but i used to play in year 6-11...

btw, :hello: hi fellow merseysider!
me and my friend used to have an in joke about my maths teachers spendin all their free time playin chess..... then i found out one of them played in the county chess league, i almost wet myself :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 44
My maths teacher collects teddy bears.
Reply 45
My maths teacher collects teddy bears.

Your Maths teacher is weird.

Is your Maths teacher male? Apparently, it's been scientifically proven that men often collect things, whereas women don't. This is, apparently, evidence to suggest that all men are slightly autistic...
Reply 46
zhivago
This is, apparently, evidence to suggest that all men are slightly autistic...

lol hmmmmmm.
It has an air of uncool about it. but honstly I love playing it. I'm awful can't do that wole thinking a head, thankfully neither can my best mates who I play with. we have fun and thats all that matters. Havent played in ages. I had a magnetic version that made free lessons go faster. yayness!
nobody wants to play me at chess because i win :smile:
Reply 49
Chess is a really good game and you'd be surprised sometimes at the wide range of people it attracts if 2 people are having a game in a common room for example. I remember once that I was playing a game with a friend and we had a huge crowd surrounding us... including many from social groups that most would not associate with being remotely interested in chess. Personally, I think its a splendid game - but its not something you whip out at a party (unless its shot chess :wink:) unlike Twister or a pack of cards.
this begs the question, have any of u heard of 'WU TANG' crew?
there a well known hiphop group who r respected for bein gd at hip hop by all yet r known to be very intellectual, check them out, they literally wrote a book about chess, this obviously makes it very cool to a new audienc of dumbasses :biggrin:
I LOVE CHESS! I'm quite a terrible player, but I still love it! I also love setting computer chess so that both Players are Computer controlled, then setting their thinking time to 0.5 seconds :biggrin: .
I don't EVER do ANYTHING because it's 'cool'. I just don't see the point. I do whatever I want to do!
chess scene from the original Thomas Crown affair.....gurgle droool,
chess is sexy, and so are the players :wink:
....but only the ones who r really really good.
I can't play chess... I can't even play checkers... I'm just not forward-planning enough for that type of game...

However, people that can play it I have a MASSIVE amount of respect for... because they gotta be pretty smart... so people that play chess are in my mind, very sexy!! [well, most of the time... and only because I find intelligence sexy :redface:]

*shuts up*
SilverWings
I can't play chess... I can't even play checkers... I'm just not forward-planning enough for that type of game...

However, people that can play it I have a MASSIVE amount of respect for... because they gotta be pretty smart... so people that play chess are in my mind, very sexy!! [well, most of the time... and only because I find intelligence sexy :redface:]

*shuts up*

You have to be smart to BE GOOD at chess, but it's not too hard to learn how to play it. I managed, afterall.
AndrewsJoseph
You have to be smart to BE GOOD at chess, but it's not too hard to learn how to play it. I managed, afterall.
Well yes... I obviously meant people that are GOOD at chess... not just any old person that can sling the pieces about... :rolleyes:
Chess is for nerds..
I love it!
Phonicsdude
Chess is for nerds..
I love it!

:ditto: classic
rising_heat
:ditto: classic

Indeed.

Latest

Trending

Trending