Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ^^
    exactly. Its pretty easy to learn but hard to master. Truely is a game of kings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    ^^
    damn we got a question this morning on trivia.. it was sort of a challenge so i answered polo for "whats the game of the kings"

and stupidly the answer is horse racing, i was too nervous and i only thought about a sport that has horses in it, and that was what came into me mind first.. stupidly wrong

ReputationRep:
    o0

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    chess > *

enough said

ReputationRep:
    No chess isn't uncool

ReputationRep:
    Chess is ace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    My hobbys include Chess. This has lead to a lot of stick from my friends. Thus i ask you, is chess really such an uncool hobby to have?
    chess is a good game that requires skill and tactics.

helps mental agility too.

probably better than a lot of hobbies.

i like chess

ReputationRep:
    chess is a fab game.
    join gameknot!

ReputationRep:
    i have lol! and redhotpawn.

Im in a mini tourney on gameknot atm - im 4th out of 11.

ReputationRep:
    its very cool. amd wish i knew how to play it - i can only play draughts

ReputationRep:
    google it. Its very easy to learn
    and register on gameknot.com, its a free and very good chess thing. Useful for learning...

challange me to a game if u do - mr_jr is my usename ont hat funnnily enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    ^^
    so true. i think chess is great fun, and i really enjoy a game, but it definitely cannot be classed as the stereotypical "cool"
    but hey, who cares

ReputationRep:
    It takes intelligence to play and it takes a fool to mock

ReputationRep:
    chess...pffft

ReputationRep:
    Id rather go and hav a nap and sleep for a while to gain energy for tonights piss up rather than wastin my time playin chess or magic cards to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Chess is the epitome of cool. All of the nerdy but outrageously good looking types play it.

ReputationRep:
    Chess - I've never known why people think it's "uncool" - although it's not really a game I'd choose for relaxing. Requires too much brain power to play chess and the only time I came remotely close to winning I had to think like crazy and took ages on each of my turns. Cus I kept on losing to the same person and he just laughed at me til I got so mad I decided to take the game seriously. I was only 12, playing against a 14-year-old and that time we were both reduced to a king each :rolleyes: It's officially a draw but on the board I was the one chasing him, so I consider it as me winning

It's simply a game that requires a good mind and generally the ones good at it are the intelligent bunch. People who think it's uncool is probably either jealous or they don't care lol.

Long story short - I like chess Not something I'd do for a hobby though.

ReputationRep:
    You never hear of chess players having hoards of groupies do ya?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    chess...pffft
    i dont know what that means. If you are laughing at chess then you are a moron. Hardly surprising that your location is 'in a girls bossom' and that you have posted 5000 times, clearly suggests that you are the loser here.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.