Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ^^
    exactly. Its pretty easy to learn but hard to master. Truely is a game of kings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    ^^
    damn we got a question this morning on trivia.. it was sort of a challenge so i answered polo for "whats the game of the kings"

and stupidly the answer is horse racing, i was too nervous and i only thought about a sport that has horses in it, and that was what came into me mind first.. stupidly wrong

ReputationRep:
    o0

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    chess > *

enough said

ReputationRep:
    No chess isn't uncool

ReputationRep:
    Chess is ace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    My hobbys include Chess. This has lead to a lot of stick from my friends. Thus i ask you, is chess really such an uncool hobby to have?
    chess is a good game that requires skill and tactics.

helps mental agility too.

probably better than a lot of hobbies.

i like chess

ReputationRep:
    chess is a fab game.
    join gameknot!

ReputationRep:
    i have lol! and redhotpawn.

Im in a mini tourney on gameknot atm - im 4th out of 11.

ReputationRep:
    its very cool. amd wish i knew how to play it - i can only play draughts

ReputationRep:
    google it. Its very easy to learn
    and register on gameknot.com, its a free and very good chess thing. Useful for learning...

challange me to a game if u do - mr_jr is my usename ont hat funnnily enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR_JR)
    ^^
    so true. i think chess is great fun, and i really enjoy a game, but it definitely cannot be classed as the stereotypical "cool"
    but hey, who cares

ReputationRep:
    It takes intelligence to play and it takes a fool to mock

ReputationRep:
    chess...pffft

ReputationRep:
    Id rather go and hav a nap and sleep for a while to gain energy for tonights piss up rather than wastin my time playin chess or magic cards to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Chess is the epitome of cool. All of the nerdy but outrageously good looking types play it.

ReputationRep:
    Chess - I've never known why people think it's "uncool" - although it's not really a game I'd choose for relaxing. Requires too much brain power to play chess and the only time I came remotely close to winning I had to think like crazy and took ages on each of my turns. Cus I kept on losing to the same person and he just laughed at me til I got so mad I decided to take the game seriously. I was only 12, playing against a 14-year-old and that time we were both reduced to a king each :rolleyes: It's officially a draw but on the board I was the one chasing him, so I consider it as me winning

It's simply a game that requires a good mind and generally the ones good at it are the intelligent bunch. People who think it's uncool is probably either jealous or they don't care lol.

Long story short - I like chess Not something I'd do for a hobby though.

ReputationRep:
    You never hear of chess players having hoards of groupies do ya?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    chess...pffft
    i dont know what that means. If you are laughing at chess then you are a moron. Hardly surprising that your location is 'in a girls bossom' and that you have posted 5000 times, clearly suggests that you are the loser here.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.