The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ramroff
chess...pffft

one should hope you are joking Ram...

for if you are serious.....who has the keys to the liquor cabinet...
Reply 121
i like playing chess...whats wrong with it? develops brain power :biggrin:
chess is like going to the gym for your mind.
i like to play at www.media-division.com ( the 2d not the 3d version ). the program is just the right level for me.

the bear
I tried to teach my five year old cousin to play chess last night! Awww....bless!

I played afterwards with another cousin and actually really enjoyed it. It's a good game. But he's 10, so we were fairly evenly matched! Last time I played with my brother was in South Africa, when he was 13 and I was 15, and he beat me in four moves. :redface:
seriously uncool.

only because i dont get it.
I play chess- and I don't think there anything uncool about it... could be time consuming though.
Reply 126
se77en
its a waste of time

Granted: chess is not 'cool'; 'cool' being an aggregate of largely ephemeral criteria, allotted worth by those who have nothing substantial to vaunt. If you're uncool, it's liable to be because your demonstrable substance elicits jealousy from those who have none; they evaluate you by way of their meaningless criteria so as to attain a transient supremacy, but it is one founded upon consensus: if they played you at chess, they know they would lose. Thus they see fit to construct a reality where they do not need to play chess in order to 'win'.

But, esoteric psycho-babble to one side: you're an idiot. :rolleyes:
Reply 127
MR_JR
My hobbys include Chess. This has lead to a lot of stick from my friends. Thus i ask you, is chess really such an uncool hobby to have?

Loads of people play chess, just have a check. Mate.
MR_JR
Thus i ask you, is chess really such an uncool hobby to have?

Yes - which means you can never play it again. Ever.
Reply 129
Someone just dug out this old thread... I wonder why. Since it's up here, might as well say something. Chess... em... chess... Well, I can play it. That's all I'm going to say about chess.

Latest

Trending

Trending