Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how long are ur introductions everyone??

ReputationRep:
    It's entirely subject specific. Some science EE's have considerable introductions, with theoretical backgrounds, etc., whilst some mathematics EE's have far smaller intros - same for English EE's. What is your EE on?

ReputationRep:
    mines art based..
    To What Extent Has Chinese Feng Shui Affected Contemporary Korean Interior Designing in Their Homes
    i read some example art ees but their intro are sooo short!! they don't exceed 150 words:s.. and mines like 225.. but maybe cuz i have to define what feng shui is..

ReputationRep:
    You are referring to the introduction, and not the abstract, right?
    I think that as long as (I'm not an art student, btw) you are able to structure your essay in a manner which covers all of the marked criterea, the size of your introduction would have little impact. Just don't repeat points you've made. Sorry for the lack of help, but mine is in Biology, and I am in the process of cutting it (the introduction) down from 1000 words.

ReputationRep:
    yepyep i cam talkin abt introduction not abstract
    and i think art introductions are generally shorter than the other subject areas.. well from what ive seen so far..! well good luck with ur 1000 words intro!! and thanks for ur help

ReputationRep:
    i've read somewhere that it's good to write introduction at the end, when the essay is finished - would you recommend it?

ReputationRep:
    I've just handed in mine, and it was about 2 paragraphs, on politics, about 300 words?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monii)
    i've read somewhere that it's good to write introduction at the end, when the essay is finished - would you recommend it?
    Monii, I believe (95% sure) you are referring to the abstract - which they recommend you doing after you finish. Mainly because you also mention your conclusion - something you can't cover very well, when you haven't written it yet. The introduction (I'm again speaking from a science perspective) is meant to introduce the basis of your argument, and define any ambiguous precursors. I know a guy who wrote an 800 word introduction and scored a 35/36 in Chem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raven)
    Monii, I believe (95% sure) you are referring to the abstract - which they recommend you doing after you finish. Mainly because you also mention your conclusion - something you can't cover very well, when you haven't written it yet. The introduction (I'm again speaking from a science perspective) is meant to introduce the basis of your argument, and define any ambiguous precursors. I know a guy who wrote an 800 word introduction and scored a 35/36 in Chem.
    no no i'm pretty sure it was the introduction i'll try to find it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monii)
    no no i'm pretty sure it was the introduction i'll try to find it
    yeah some of my friends do it at last i guess it depends on the individual.. just do whatever works the best to you i normally write mine in the beginning.. and try to refine them later on when i'm done

ReputationRep:
    Mine was something like 350-400 words; this was chemistry (making aspirin).

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.