Turn on thread page Beta

Best excuse for missing work? watch

ReputationRep:
    Whats the best excuse you've ever given for not going to work? My brother rolled in after a night out at quarter to 4 this morning, his reason given to his boss for not going in...'I just didn't feel like it'

Well at least he's honest! It was nearly 'Sorry mate I'm just too drunk from last night'

So what the best excuse you've come up with/heard?

ReputationRep:
    My mate once said "I'm battling a deadly virus at the moment".

He was playing Halo at the time

ReputationRep:
    'I was in mourning for the world'

ReputationRep:
    I've heard many girls say that "I'm having my period" should be a desent excuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I've heard many girls say that "I'm having my period" should be a desent excuse.
    Oh I didn't need an excuse Was just laughing at my brothers excuse, wondered if anyone else had good ones!

ReputationRep:
    why, when people fake a sickie they feel the urge to put on a really feeble "at death's door" voice, but when its genuine, it just a casual "yeh im just feeling reall ill"? lol

ReputationRep:
    A mate of mine bandaged his arm up and said he had sprained it or summat. He did same thing to miss a music performance at high school.

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of an excuse at the mo- but I once deliberately sucked orange juice through my nose before I called in sick to ensure a believable 'sick' voice - I had 'a cold'.

ReputationRep:
    I heard the best way to fake a cold voice on the phone, is to lay on the bed on your back, with your head hung over the edge...sort of like looking at the room upside down...and then speak on the phone.

ReputationRep:
    My last job i had to go straight from school, it was a cold winter afternoon and to be honest i really couldnt be f****d so i told manager that my grandad went to hospital and had to go and see him.

ReputationRep:
    I turned up at college and explained to my teacher that I was still really drunk from the night before, which was my excuse for not doing any work. I was there in body but not in mind.

ReputationRep:
    My friend keeps pretending he has a kidney problem and has to go for tests at the hospital.

One of my (botched) excuses to miss work was when I told my boss that my Mum had to go into work, so I needed to stay home and babysit my little sister. It went a bit wrong when the boss asked for my Mum's mobile number so she could check that I wasn't lying. I never phoned her back, and kept ignoring the ringing phone, hehe. Then my Mother said that I should have just given the boss her number, as she would have lied for me. Grr.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.