Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    Slap her. Put her in her place, its the only way!!
    Ooh it does sound quite a good idea doesnt it Seriously though i think we'd have to form an orderly queue she is so mean and selfish i doubt many of us in the group actually like her :rolleyes: I know that sounds *****y but it is true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YourSideView)
    :rolleyes: yeah that should do it! unless of course shes alot bigger than you... if so make sure you get a good few punches before she see you!
    In that case aim for the kidneys, hit them hard enough and she will go down in one punch!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poptart86)
    Theres this girl in my group of friends who is always making snidey comments to me.
    basically I admit that since I split up with a long term boyfriend I have been out clubbing a lot and pulled a few guys. but its not exactly a crime is it! I went to a club the other night and before I left, in front of all my other mates she said *****ily "dont shag too many blokes tonight!"
    I have never had a one night stand or done anything like that tho so i cant see why she is being so *****y to me!
    Once I did get drunk and ended up staying round a friend of mine's house, and he did invite all my mates as well cos he had a free house. Obviously in the end it was only me that agreed to go back with him, and although all we did was fall asleep she seems to think that i see him purely for sex.
    Although were not like that, we do go out with each other a lot but its nothing serious cos Im leaving the area soon when i go to uni.
    she is so judgmental and it gets to me cos its not as if I end up sleepin with random blokes every weekend - even if i did it would be my business and not hers wouldnt it!
    Sorry this is so long but she gets me so angry the way she puts me down in front of everyone else, and it makes me feel guilty for things that I shouldnt even feel guilty about!
    How do u think I should handle this? I cant say anything about her cos shes been with the same bloke for nearly a year. I dunno what ive done to anger her, maybe shes jealous cos her bloke gives her zero attention :eek:

I know hunny, shes a ***** coz shes jealous of something. Just shut her down is the way to go sweetie. Seriously, dont take any crap from chicks like this.

ReputationRep:
    Ok heres my plan!! if she says so much as anything that could be interpreted as being *****y, ill ask her whats it got to do with her anyway?
    Ooh I hope she does say something now i feel like having a really good slanging match with her
    NO!!!!! Please don't do that - you'll be sinking to her level - you don't want that, do you!!!
    Turn the tables completely around. If she starts on you, BE NICE TO HER!!!! Tell her what a valued friend she is (try not to choke whilst doing this), and that you really don't understand why........blah blah blah.
    Put HER on the defensive, rather than engage in a mutual slanging match.

ReputationRep:
    this is happened to me..

me and my mate occasionally pull (infact i dont do it at all coz i dont feel like it).. but she keeps calling us ****s..

basically, we jst put it down the fact that she hadnt been getting any.. and therefore was jealous!

ReputationRep:
    She's jealous. Thats all it is. Just leave her to it and don't let her stupid comments get to you.

ReputationRep:
    There's only one way to deal with someone like this. Next time she does it, have a massive go at her in front of everyone. Say something very strongly worded, such as, "I'm not being a ****, I'm not sleeping around, I'm just doing what loads of normal 18 year olds do - going out and having fun! Why are you giving me such a hard time? What's it got to do with you? You have no right to say these things to me. I'm living my life the way I want to, and if you don't like it, you can f*ck right off!"

Then walk off and leave her looking like an idiot. Keep it short, so she can't interrupt and turn it into a ***** fight. Just leave everyone wondering what the hell just happened. Everyone will be too embarrassed to speak to her. Seriously. She'll want to crawl into a hole and die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    There's only one way to deal with someone like this. Next time she does it, have a massive go at her in front of everyone. Say something very strongly worded, such as, "I'm not being a ****, I'm not sleeping around, I'm just doing what loads of normal 18 year olds do - going out and having fun! Why are you giving me such a hard time? What's it got to do with you? You have no right to say these things to me. I'm living my life the way I want to, and if you don't like it, you can f*ck right off!"

Then walk off and leave her looking like an idiot. Keep it short, so she can't interrupt and turn it into a ***** fight. Just leave everyone wondering what the hell just happened. Everyone will be too embarrassed to speak to her. Seriously. She'll want to crawl into a hole and die.
    .........unless she's already planned for this kind of assault and her defences are up. That's why I suggested the "softly-softly" approach - thereagain if this girl's got half a brain, she'll have prepared for THAT too............hmm.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes you just have to do these things. Shout loud and clear. Embarrass her/

ReputationRep:
    I agree with bodhisattva's softy softy approach.

And anyway, why care what she says about you? She's jealous and you know it. Just go out, enjoy yourself and be proud of what you are doing

ReputationRep:
    OK, although it would be kind of fun to have a good slanging match with her, i know it will just make me look like im actually hurt by what she says (obviously it is hurtful but i dont want her to think that ). So if she says anything again I will just stare her out and give her the silent treatment.
    That could work cos then she wont have a clue how im about to react - then I'll decide whether to shout at her "stop being such a jealous *****" or just laugh in her face

ReputationRep:
    OK, although it would be kind of fun to have a good slanging match with her, i know it will just make me look like im actually hurt by what she says (obviously it is hurtful but i dont want her to think that ). So if she says anything again I will just stare her out and give her the silent treatment.
    That could work cos then she wont have a clue how im about to react - then I'll decide whether to shout at her "stop being such a jealous *****" or just laugh in her face
    Staring would work! I used to do that a lot in high school whenever I got into trouble! That really did p!ss the teachers off! Anyway just act like you are not bothered by her comments

ReputationRep:
    when she says comments like that, think of a realy good reply...
    like she says on dont shag too many blokes tonite, you can say "dont worry we arent alike at all". and then flash a really cute smile :p:
    that will shut her up
    some people are just jealous and pick on other people.
    stand up to her jus once and im sure she'l back off.

ReputationRep:
    silent treatment may or may not work as she will say what are you staring at... then u can say something like "nothing much"
    basically what u have to do is embaress her, surprise her with a really good comeback that she will not be able to respond to and there no more beign nasty on her side

ReputationRep:
    As has been said, she is clearly jealous. Simple as.
    Girls are such *****y, jealous creatures. She's probably jealous of your single life/ looks/ confidence because she doesn't have one (or all) of them. If I were you I'd confidently talk back. Let her know that you won't stand for her unjustified comments.

ReputationRep:
    i'd probably say "and since when is it your business to make judgement on my life? when i give a sh*t what you think, i'll ask. who do you think you are?". raising your voice and speaking confidently should work. and demand an explanation.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, she is jealous. And what's more, she's trying to make everyone believe that you're a slut. She's pathetic. Ditch her straightaway.

ReputationRep:
    Theres this girl in my group of friends who is always making snidey comments to me.
    basically I admit that since I split up with a long term boyfriend I have been out clubbing a lot and pulled a few guys. but its not exactly a crime is it! I went to a club the other night and before I left, in front of all my other mates she said *****ily "dont shag too many blokes tonight!"
    I have never had a one night stand or done anything like that tho so i cant see why she is being so *****y to me!
    Once I did get drunk and ended up staying round a friend of mine's house, and he did invite all my mates as well cos he had a free house. Obviously in the end it was only me that agreed to go back with him, and although all we did was fall asleep she seems to think that i see him purely for sex.
    Although were not like that, we do go out with each other a lot but its nothing serious cos Im leaving the area soon when i go to uni.
    she is so judgmental and it gets to me cos its not as if I end up sleepin with random blokes every weekend - even if i did it would be my business and not hers wouldnt it!
    Sorry this is so long but she gets me so angry the way she puts me down in front of everyone else, and it makes me feel guilty for things that I shouldnt even feel guilty about!
    How do u think I should handle this? I cant say anything about her cos shes been with the same bloke for nearly a year. I dunno what ive done to anger her, maybe shes jealous cos her bloke gives her zero attention :eek:
    Lol well the nasty approach would be tell yourself she's just jealous cus her bf gives her zero attention probably what I would've done for a while tbh.

Lol nah don't take that advice - does you no good being bitter only hurt yourself in the end. I say ask her why she's being this way. If she continues being horrible, ignore her and steer clear away from her. She doesn't sound like much of a friend anyway. But then again, was she simply joking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    i'd probably say "and since when is it your business to make judgement on my life? when i give a sh*t what you think, i'll ask. who do you think you are?". raising your voice and speaking confidently should work. and demand an explanation.
    hehe as much as I don't agree with that sorta approach, I rather like it!

ReputationRep:
    she's an insecure *****, youre going to uni. talk to your friends about her, ask them if they agree that youre justified. If shes being like that its probably because shes doing it to feel better about her own failing sex life or something stupid like that.

talk to friends and dont let it get to you. the best way to insult her is to show her you dont care what she says!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.