Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've wrote loads of poetry about this seperation too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    Like what? I'm on work experience next week but thats about it. Seriously i will miss him like a tree miss' its leaves in the winter. Its like we are always together and he feels the same about it.

God knows what it will be like when i go to uni next year!
    You will be fine, keep in contact with him and tell him you love him constantly. Try and go out with mates, not boy mates tho coz it might make him jealous. Don't be alone and try and keep your mind occupied.

Look at it the good way, at least you have a boyfriend that loves you and he will be coming back in 10 days, what is that???

I just recently split up with my gf, and i still love her, imagine how bad off other people are compared to you. Also, imagine the hugs and kisses and whatever else you will get off him when you see him soon.

Cal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    Hes going away rommorow for 10 days and i'm really going to miss him. The thing is i am so in love with him and my heart physically hurts when i think of us apart. Any others in the same boat? How can i cope?

My bf went away for five weeks - and even I had it easy in comparison to the length of time some couples have to go without seeing each other! Think of people in the Forces for instance, soldiers sent to Iraq or something. It could be so much worse, ten days is *nothing*!

ReputationRep:
    Aww.. yeah I know just how you feel. I'm going on an expedition on Thursday for 4 and a half weeks, and then he'll be on holiday in China. That's ages with no communication whatsoever, he doesn't even know if I'm safe until I manage to find a computer after my expedition. I was in such hysterics last night, the last time I saw him. We're trying to keep ourselves occupied - both going to work loads to get enough to see each other since we live in different cities anyway, and I'm wearing his bracelets on my expedition, smuggling his CK one in my rucksack, so if it breaks my whole rucksack can stink of him . I've also given him a bag of mine, a casual type that he's always wanted, which he can use every day.
    Your time apart will make you as a couple more stronger, more independent individually and appreciate each other so much more than you think you already do. Plus, I'm hoping I'll lose loads of weight on my trip, since I'm surviving on powdered food and trekking for weeks!

ReputationRep:
    hello - three months here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie)
    uck dont get me started. Havent seen V since last sunday, and havent spoke to her since thursday night.
    shes in a damned ickle village in italy with minimal communications.
    aww i saw j on thursday and spoke on friday, but i'm gonna speak to him once in the next month. when is she coming back? she didn't seem too keen on going there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legalbeagle)
    hello - three months here!
    wow, impressive...why three months?

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to Germany for 2 months, and he lives in Wales, so not cheap to get to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    eh? why? it's only just over a week!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat. ^_^

My boyfriend is going to Paris tomorrow for a week. I have mixed feelings about it really. Firstly, I'll be glad for the 'me' time and secondly I'm so jealous! I really want to go Paris - he's going to have so much fun! It's so unfair, though. I spent weeks revising and stressed out with my exams, and my reward is job hunting, while my boyfriend didn't do any and gets a whole week doing what he loves best!

Nah, he deserves it and I'll miss him, but it's only a week! You should enjoy your time apart - you'll really appreciate him after. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    Hes going away rommorow for 10 days and i'm really going to miss him. The thing is i am so in love with him and my heart physically hurts when i think of us apart. Any others in the same boat? How can i cope?

You know, I actually think him going away for a bit is a good thing It'll make you get used to him sometimes not being around, etc, make you more independent. It hurts crazily bad if you become too dependent on the guy then you split up (not implying that you would, I'm not trying to be harsh!) but yeh. Also you'll be all the more crazily happy when you finally see him again makes you appreciate each other more too.

Think of the good things Nothing's gonna make you miss him less, tbh - but don't worry you can always phone, email and text constantly When I was in a long distance relationship we coped by chatting on msn every night and texting and ringing each other.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend left for his boy's holiday today, i won't see him until next Wednesday. I'm looking forward to being able to devote all my time to my friends and things i want to do, but i will miss him loads. We've been otgether for 3 years and this is the biggest test of my trust so far. It's not so much the length of time that he will be away, as it's not long, just a horrible squirmy feeling when i think of what he could be getting up to. He's promised to send me a text a day so i know he's/we're ok, which is comforting. It will be exactly the same for him when i go on my girly holiday though. I'm really looking forward to him getting back, and i've booked when i'll see him already. He'll be gorgeously tanned then too. Mmm. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    Hmmmm yeh I think your bf going away is definitely a good thing - you need to be more independent girl :hugs: Don't worry it's only a week, you'll be ok

I wrote lots of poems too about my ex - except that was cus we split up there's one poem that had all my feelings in one and at the time, simply reading it made me cry. Yeh I got very dependent on my ex - which is why I'm telling you - you gotta learn some independence!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    It's not so much the length of time that he will be away, as it's not long, just a horrible squirmy feeling when i think of what he could be getting up to. He's promised to send me a text a day so i know he's/we're ok, which is comforting
    Yeah, mine's away travelling at the moment for just under a month or something (haha, I don't even know how long it is anymore!), and I don't have a clue what he's up to either. Only that he and his two friends are going to Dubrovnik because its apparently the new party town, and they want to see its red light district! I don't get a text a day though. Actually, I haven't had any texts and he left a week ago today!

I'm not too bothered about what he's doing though, because nothing that's happened to us in the past 3 and a half years has broken us apart, not even him going to uni. So obviously, there's something great between us and he wants to be with me. I don't think he'd do anything to jeopardise that. Maybe if you think of it that way, the squirmy feeling will go away

I felt just the same way you do when he went on his first boys holiday to Faliraki ( :rolleyes: ) last summer, but in the end all the worrying wasn't worth it. I just wish I'd realised that sooner!

ReputationRep:
    I trust him, thats not the problem. Its just he makes me feel whole y'know. Its strange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    I trust him, thats not the problem. Its just he makes me feel whole y'know. Its strange.
    There's no rational reasoning - you simply miss him like mad. That's normal girl :hugs: like I've said, it's a good thing. You can learn some independence then when he comes back, you'll both appreciate each other even more

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was addressing Mousey's post

But you can still feel whole with him not around. When we're this young, I think its important to not become dependent on one person, so that we can grow as individuals (how cheesy do I sound?!). I'd take it as an opportunity to develop some new part of your life that doesn't involve him. Not in a malicious way, just so you can have something which is entirely yours and not dependent on him being there. Maybe take up a new hobby or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    You need to be more independent. Guys like that. You should get on with your own life while he's away and do things that you otherwise wouldn't do (such as have big girlie nights).

ReputationRep:
    Me and my mates have had a big girlie day of shopping etc!

I usually am either @ school or @ work or with my b/f so its good to actually have time out with my friends.

We all have hectic lives so its good to be together again.

ReputationRep:
    Back to depression...why is it that everything reminds you of him?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.