Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering...

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty sure they do! At least I remember seeing linguistics among the results in Senate house

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it is a one year course. They don't give degrees in just linguistics but you can work the course into another a degree, or probably do it on its own as a post-graduate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amlea)
    I was just wondering...
    Yeah, someone in the year above me does it: http://www.cam.ac.uk/admissions/unde...ics/index.html

Hope the link above answers any questions.

EDIT: As Spenceman said, it can only be taken in your final year. You need to apply for a different course to get into Cambridge in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    you can take linguistics at part 1b if you want (your second year). most people start off doing MML in their first year, and rather than taking the literature papers along with their language work, they take linguistics options. obviously these options focus on the languages you study alongside them, whereas, when you change to general linguistics in the 2nd year, you will focus on language in general, concentrating more on english.

you can, if you want, state that you wish to change when you apply; a guy i had german linguistics supervisions was actually interviewed for linguistics at the same time as his MML interview.

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank you very much!!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.