Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone like poker, or other card games? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if anyone else here likes playing poker... hold'em especially is a fave atm! (And possibly a way to pay my tuition fees!!!) I was playing from 10pm till 6am last night... absolutely unbelievable.. Started hallucinating beetles by the end of it.

Blackjack is also a winner of a game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Just wondered if anyone else here likes playing poker... hold'em especially is a fave atm! (And possibly a way to pay my tuition fees!!!) I was playing from 10pm till 6am last night... absolutely unbelievable.. Started hallucinating beetles by the end of it.

Blackjack is also a winner of a game.
    I know mate it's brilliant. did it with my dad and his mates, for most of night, bottles of whisky and ciggars in back room. great atmosphere, well, when you do well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm signed up for pacificpoker.com, already earned a nice $40 from a free $5 they gave me! Its great!!

but shhh, i'm only 17

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    I'm signed up for pacificpoker.com, already earned a nice $40 from a free $5 they gave me! Its great!!

but shhh, i'm only 17
    Dont you need a credit card? Or do you get away with using your debit card?

ReputationRep:
    be careful people, i got into it bad over the past year, there were months where i cud work up a bankroll of $2000 but i cud also lose tht much. you have to be gd and have a VERY strong mentality. im big enough to say tht i havnt got a strong mentality. dont want to put you off but know when 2 say enoughs enough. o and black jack is a no no, stay away thts not where the $$$'s at.

ReputationRep:
    Hold'em is great, especially when you play for money. When we have poker nights at my friend's house, there's usually about 20 of us. If we put in £20 each, you don't think it's much at the beginning, and you certainly don't miss it afterwards, but when you're down to the last 5 people and you might actually be about to win loads of money, the nerves kick in and you start shaking like a leaf and every decision you make feels like the biggest thing you've ever had to do....

Awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuvle)
    be careful people, i got into it bad over the past year, there were months where i cud work up a bankroll of $2000 but i cud also lose tht much. you have to be gd and have a VERY strong mentality. im big enough to say tht i havnt got a strong mentality. dont want to put you off but know when 2 say enoughs enough. o and black jack is a no no, stay away thts not where the $$$'s at.
    Thats why i prefer to play with my dad and his mates. We know when to say enough is enough and when to cut our losses. Dad has a poker things from somewhere with chips in but its not the same without real money

I understand that the internet poker is really addictive, and i would be wary of getting into too much.

ReputationRep:
    You should always use poker chips even when you're playing for money.

You just put your £10/£20/£30 or whatever in the pot, then play with the chips and the winner takes it all. Simple. You're guaranteed not to lose any more than your "entrance fee" as it were.

ReputationRep:
    I like casual 'normal' poker of 5card draw and 7 card stud with the occasional 5 card stud. Usually involves wild cards and the such. Don't play online just with the family with a few drinks. good craic.

ReputationRep:
    *Love* poker. At our ball I managed to get into the winners draw for turning a $500 start into $10,000. Sadly not real money, but a good hour or so nonetheless Hold 'em is an awesome game, though I used to play 5 card draw. Never got ther hang of stud to be honest.

I am evil though. I have a rather sad obsession with probability and game theory so I get a little cold and calculating when playing

ReputationRep:
    Love it, Tex Hold Em is my favourite, could play it for days and days

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.