Turn on thread page Beta

How Many Of you have had one night stands? watch

ReputationRep:
    Twice. Never, ever, ever again - I felt awful, used and really dirty and ashamed. Not good. But I was in a screwed up mindset at the time so not thinking straight....

ReputationRep:
    I nearly have on a few occentions with the same person

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had a one night stand sober? seems like one night stands are always under the influence of alcohol.

I've never had a one night stand, lost my virginity at 16 with my b/f of 2 years n never looked back, however, most of my mates say i should have "played the field more" and should have slept around before i settled down.
    But I am happy with my b/f he makes me smile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoVet)
    Never, and don't really want to have one. I'm too body-conscious to strip my clothes off in front of a total stranger :rolleyes:

hmmm i used to think that too but once lust takes control you really don't care!

ReputationRep:
    *waves hand in the air* I've had non-drunk one-night stands. Generally better than boozier ones, as there's less opportunity for either party to feel exploited. And drunken sex can be kind of tedious.

ReputationRep:
    well ive never had a one night stand, but i have been under the influence of alcohol and occasionally other things (bit of a messed up period in my life about 2 years ago) and done a lot of things with random people. at the time i didnt feel bad about it but once i came out of my kinda rebellious "dont-give-a-f**k" stage, i felt really dirty and horrible. which wasnt great.

ReputationRep:
    Once.

Never again.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't, but may do, would all depend on my mindset at the time I think.

ReputationRep:
    I grew up thinking that one-night stands are for when you're older and I still believe that. So I've only had some in the past few years. When you're not even out of high school or just starting uni, you still have so much to learn about relationships, sex and intimacy.

Most of the people I've known who started having one-night stands very young are pretty messed up emotionally or just can't find a suitable partner who wants to stay with them.

Plus, when you start getting more and more partners and after a while, you realise most of them were one-night stands, it's a bit upsetting: you were good enough for a shag but you're not that great, since noone really wants to go out with you for anything else but sex.

You should sometimes think about the future: how would a partner feel if you had loads of one-night stands. It's possible that piece of info might change completely their way of seeing you (from someone they truly respect to someone they can't get attached to) and this isn't something you can just lie about with someone you love. Think about it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Never. Probably never will either.

*climbs down off moral high horse*

I recommend masturbation... less to deal with in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=LibertineNorth

I recommend masturbation... less to deal with in the morning.[/QUOTE]

repped :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Nope i have never had a one night stand, dont plan too either. If you are with somone you love theres no point and unless i was out of my head i wouldnt even think of it, if i was out of it id feel really bad in the morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlpants)
    Has anyone had a one night stand sober? seems like one night stands are always under the influence of alcohol.

I've never had a one night stand, lost my virginity at 16 with my b/f of 2 years n never looked back, however, most of my mates say i should have "played the field more" and should have slept around before i settled down.
    But I am happy with my b/f he makes me smile
    Good for you find somone you really love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoon1)
    You've had a one-night stand and you're only 15?
    Yes...a few of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertineNorth)

I recommend masturbation... less to deal with in the morning.
    Other than dirty sheets - yuk :eek:

ReputationRep:
    no and i dont think i ever will
    ive got to know the person well enough to sleep with them anyway.
    plus im too body consious.

ReputationRep:
    I never have and I never will, I'd rather just be with somebody I love

ReputationRep:
    Never, I only want to with people I truly love and love me back, and all the rest. Really does make things extra extra special, amazing sex with the one you love. I'm such a romantic... :love:

ReputationRep:
    not yet... I've gotten close, but had to control myself. i think there is nothing wrong with casual sex!

ReputationRep:
    Only one....and ill never do it again, i get attached and emotional way to easly so i end up getting hurt when they dont want to see me again, and this wasnt even sex so i dont know if it even counts :confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.