Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Like they chose the wrong 1st choice uni. i rejected Warwick for English lit and creative writing for Cardiff. Why? i really dont know. now i cant even look at something which has the word Warwick on it (like when i come onto the student room i only let my computer scroll down so far because i dont want the word 'warwick' to be on the screen. i now theres nothing i can do about this astoundingly stupid decision but i just wondered if im alone in feeling like this? perhaps its natural- i soo hope so. or perhaps i just screwed up majorly.

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff is a great uni, and the decision is made now. Just go to uni and enjoy it. Nerves are totally understandable I nearly chickened out of going to uni both times.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing you can do about it now. Just keep remembering the reasons why you chose Cardiff instead of Warwick at the time. Maybe you're just not suited to living on a campus out in the middle of nowhere. Think of all the fun you'll have - Cardiff is a great city. And to be honest, unless you want a really high-powered job with a big city firm, having a degree from Cardiff will not disadvantage you in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    to be fair the warwick campus isn't really in the middlle of no where, plus its got leamington and coventry reasonably nearby.

Cardiff isn't a bad place to live though, i'd say life is more pleasant here than in cov (but I miss people from uni).

And for what its worth, I felt the same until about 1/2 way through my first year- thought i should have gone to southampton instead. Still, Warwick is great, just a shame i've only got one year left now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachelingo)
    Like they chose the wrong 1st choice uni. i rejected Warwick for English lit and creative writing for Cardiff. Why? i really dont know. now i cant even look at something which has the word Warwick on it (like when i come onto the student room i only let my computer scroll down so far because i dont want the word 'warwick' to be on the screen. i now theres nothing i can do about this astoundingly stupid decision but i just wondered if im alone in feeling like this? perhaps its natural- i soo hope so. or perhaps i just screwed up majorly.
    Well, if you regret it that much they'd probably let you change if you asked really nicely.

ReputationRep:
    I've felt like this by choosing the wrong first (i.e. firm) university. However, I got released from them, so now I'm going to the university I really want to go to now. I thought again about the firm and insurance uni's course content and place, and decided my insurance uni will be my firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    Nooo you didn't screw up! I'm going to Cardiff too, it will be a ball!

ReputationRep:
    Most people seem to waver in their decisions. I do, all the time, but just keep reminding myself of why I picked my first choice and how great it is and how much I want to be there. I think it's a perfectly normal reaction - you go through all the stress of having to decide on courses and universities and everything, then applying, then interviews and waiting and offers and rejections, and now you're starting to question your response to all that. Especially since you now have to wait (presumably) to see if you've even got into that uni, so you're sort of in limbo until august. I think it just shows you're putting a lot of thought into your future.
    And Cardiff is a really good uni, I'd rather go there than Warwick. My aunt went to Cardiff (loved it) and has subsequently worked for people like Amazon and the Folio Society, so it can't be that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly)
    Nooo you didn't screw up! I'm going to Cardiff too, it will be a ball!
    It sure will! . Although I think part of me will always wonder if I should have chosen Exeter. I think it's normal to have doubts. Hopefully, when we get there we'll be having too much fun to worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    To be frank, it really doesn't matter where you end up! Even if you end up doing your degree at your insurance choice (or thru' clearing), you will look back at your time at Uni and be 100% convinced that you went to the best uni in the world!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.