Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hehe! congratulations! nice when something comes up and you feel: "yeah, i'll show em i can do this!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldenratio)
    Ahhhh! i see i made a silly mistake...
    so now i have
    \frac{-2y}{x^2-2x+y^2}=1
    which as you have pointed out will give me the eq of a circle.
    (1,-1) radius 2
    THANK YOU!
    radius = rt(2) though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldenratio)
    Yes Riche, i do know it will difine the acr of a circle, but to find this circle, i first need another point on its circumference which is neither z1 nor z2.
    I'm only asking you to help me with the method, as i'm completely new to complex numbers (started last week). After which i should be able to answer the rest of the questions in the excercise.

Thank you for your very kind help so far.
    Well if you'd told me you were going to neg rep me (and give me abuse) for not simply giving you the answer then I could have saved myself the time. :mad:

This is the first neg rep I've ever had and since I was on the list of Best Academic Helpers recently I guess the rest of the maths forum doesn't find me a "cocky git"

ReputationRep:
    I never wanted you jst to give me the answer, which i didn't ask for either.
    I was only looking for help with the method.

ReputationRep:
    I apologize for that profusely, it just came over as rather high n mighty at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichE)

This is the first neg rep I've ever had and since I was on the list of Best Academic Helpers recently I guess the rest of the maths forum doesn't find me a "cocky git"
    Well, if it's any consolatoin, I got neg-repped (for the first time) too. A couple of months ago.
    I've no idea what it was for though!

There was no comment, and I don't think that the post it referred to was significant either!

It's a nuisance when that happens

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 4, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.