The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hehe! congratulations! nice when something comes up and you feel: "yeah, i'll show em i can do this!"
Reply 21
Goldenratio
Ahhhh! i see i made a silly mistake...
so now i have
2yx22x+y2=1\frac{-2y}{x^2-2x+y^2}=1
which as you have pointed out will give me the eq of a circle.
(1,-1) radius 2
THANK YOU!

radius = rt(2) though :smile:
Reply 22
Goldenratio
Yes Riche, i do know it will difine the acr of a circle, but to find this circle, i first need another point on its circumference which is neither z1 nor z2.
I'm only asking you to help me with the method, as i'm completely new to complex numbers (started last week). After which i should be able to answer the rest of the questions in the excercise.

Thank you for your very kind help so far.

Well if you'd told me you were going to neg rep me (and give me abuse) for not simply giving you the answer then I could have saved myself the time. :mad:

This is the first neg rep I've ever had and since I was on the list of Best Academic Helpers recently I guess the rest of the maths forum doesn't find me a "cocky git"
Reply 23
I never wanted you jst to give me the answer, which i didn't ask for either.
I was only looking for help with the method.
Reply 24
I apologize for that profusely, it just came over as rather high n mighty at the time.
Reply 25
RichE

This is the first neg rep I've ever had and since I was on the list of Best Academic Helpers recently I guess the rest of the maths forum doesn't find me a "cocky git"

Well, if it's any consolatoin, I got neg-repped (for the first time) too. A couple of months ago.
I've no idea what it was for though!

There was no comment, and I don't think that the post it referred to was significant either!

It's a nuisance when that happens :frown: