Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    *spelt
    umm, aint it spelled?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)

I reckon hulachick15 is a fake account and it trying to be hated.
    Yeh, I thought that. Another yellowtaxi. But a crap version because yellowtaxi was pure comedy genius

ReputationRep:
    S
    savory, savoury
    signaling, signalling
    skilful, skillful
    speciality, specialty
    spelled, spelt
    storey, story – a level of a building
    sulfur sulphur

Either is acceptable, one is American, I'm not sure which

ReputationRep:
    o right nice 1 HearTheThunder....

for a second there, i thought i'd been taught a load of nonesense in school!

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah 'spelled' is American. Damn American influences!

ReputationRep:
    Americans are only good for eating burgers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shamen)
    Americans are only good for eating burgers.
    lol bit of a generalisation but hey

ReputationRep:
    lol i love this thread. Every time i check back she has one more red gem. The text speak really does annoy me though, and at the end of the day if you want to post here you should follow the forum rules. It makes it so much easier to read when everyone types in proper English, text speak is confusing because there are so many variants. xx

ReputationRep:
    lol bit of a generalisation but hey
    http://webpages.marshall.edu/~willia...tatistics.html - Those Americans love their whoppers.

ReputationRep:
    http://webpages.marshall.edu/~willia...tatistics.html - Those Americans love their whoppers.
    Bloody hell, i take the last post back lol. In the AQA english exam for language there was a passage by Bill Bryson that claimed something like that.

ReputationRep:
    "61 percent of American adults were estimated to be either overweight or obese in 1999" LOL.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell, i take the last post back lol. In the AQA english exam for language there was a passage by Bill Bryson that claimed something like that.
    That's not fairrrr.. the one I did was about 'ripe pickings' and farmers... boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    lol i love this thread. Every time i check back she has one more red gem. The text speak really does annoy me though, and at the end of the day if you want to post here you should follow the forum rules. It makes it so much easier to read when everyone types in proper English, text speak is confusing because there are so many variants. xx
    Lolo i know its great, we're still awaiting the 4th gem, shes going to regret making this thread. No mercy for moaners and those who mock the rep system!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, about Americans using cars all the time. Bryson made me laugh, that was actually some good reading material, let alone exam material!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    That's not fairrrr.. the one I did was about 'ripe pickings' and farmers... boring
    Did you take your English exam early? Because, my English class had a practice exam paper on that! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    I did that for the mock, wasnt it an advert about jobs for a vegetable farm or something, easy though :mad:

Now I have 14 gems, I can do as I like. Ha.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, about Americans using cars all the time. Bryson made me laugh, that was actually some good reading material, let alone exam material!
    lol i know Bill rocks. The line that read "when the neighbours came round for dinner they drove!" wanted to laugh so bad, funny stuff.

ReputationRep:
    lol i know Bill rocks. The line that read "when the neighbours came round for dinner they drove!" wanted to laugh so bad, funny stuff.
    Yeah, and the line where he said, "I saw this guy drive two blocks to the gym" I couldn't help but laugh, I mean, contradicting actions or what? He wants to get fit, yet he drived two blocks to get to the gym, classic, absolute classic!

ReputationRep:
    Did you take your English exam early? Because, my English class had a practice exam paper on that! :eek:
    Yeah along with Lit, Biology and French

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.